Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First SleepyHead graphs
First SleepyHead graphs
[attachment=29157]
Hello all,

Please tell me if (1) the essential ones are shown and (2) any suggestions for
getting the less important ones removed. Screen is 1680 X 1050.

Oh, and how's my sleep? [Image: cool.gif] AHI is higher than usual and Cheyne-Stokes was
a surprise.

Thanks much,

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First SleepyHead graphs
Looks like you have everything we normally want to see, and you could even vertically expand some, especially flow rate. We really don't need the mask pressure, resp rate and tidal volume on most charts. The results show that with a minimum pressure of 8.0 and maximum 18 and EPR 1, your median pressure is nearly 10.0 and things don't change much from there with a 95% pressure of less than 11.0. Flow limit is the main driver of pressure, and is marginally on the high side. CA events at the end of the night look like arousal and sleep-wake events. If you were not sleeping soundly in this time, you can probably disregard that. Tidal volume is pretty low, and I think it may be worth taking a look at some random 3-minute zooms of the flow rate to see why that might be.

My inclination from this one example is to raise minimum pressure to 9.0 and increase EPR to 2. Normally we are not keen to increase EPR where centrals are the predominate event, but the fact they are near the end of the night and clear until then, make me think you are better off addressing the flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like you have everything we normally want to see, and you could even vertically expand some, especially flow rate.  We really don't need the mask pressure, resp rate and tidal volume on most charts. The results show that with a minimum pressure of 8.0 and maximum 18 and EPR 1, your median pressure is nearly 10.0 and things don't change much from there with a 95% pressure of less than 11.0.  Flow limit is the main driver of pressure, and is marginally on the high side.  CA events at the end of the night look like arousal and sleep-wake events.  If you were not sleeping soundly in this time, you can probably disregard that.  Tidal volume is pretty low, and I think it may be worth taking a look at some random 3-minute zooms of the flow rate to see why that might be.

My inclination from this one example is to raise minimum pressure to 9.0 and increase EPR to 2. Normally we are not keen to increase EPR where centrals are the predominate event, but the fact they are near the end of the night and clear until then, make me think you are better off addressing the flow limitation.

Thanks, Sleeprider.
Is there a way to remove the unneeded graphs?

I can look through the month's data to see if there are any similar
patterns or values. Will also zoom in on flow rate.

Harv

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just stretch the vertical size of the graphs you want, and the others will move down out of the screenshot. The control to vertically stretch is the line right under the time. The cursor will change to a double line with up and down arrows. Also, in Oscar we can go to File/Preferences/Appearance and set the graph height in pixels. I think you have that in Sleepyhead. Just increase the size and all graphs will increase in vertical size.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=29177]
(01-15-2021, 10:54 AM)midwestguy Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 10:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks like you have everything we normally want to see, and you could even vertically expand some, especially flow rate.  We really don't need the mask pressure, resp rate and tidal volume on most charts. The results show that with a minimum pressure of 8.0 and maximum 18 and EPR 1, your median pressure is nearly 10.0 and things don't change much from there with a 95% pressure of less than 11.0.  Flow limit is the main driver of pressure, and is marginally on the high side.  CA events at the end of the night look like arousal and sleep-wake events.  If you were not sleeping soundly in this time, you can probably disregard that.  Tidal volume is pretty low, and I think it may be worth taking a look at some random 3-minute zooms of the flow rate to see why that might be.

Thanks, Sleeprider.

Have set min. pressure and EPR as you suggest. Tonight may show changes.

Attached a chart with part of flow rate zoomed. Is this what you wanted?

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the CA events kind of look like a classic CSR pattern which is not particularly good. It means this is not obstructive. If we can zoom in closer during a period earlier in the night without these events, that would be a useful comparison. I want to zoom in to where the individual respiratory wave is visible like 3-minutes.

Let's get a look at the ERP 2 trial and see what happens.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider.

Sanskrit? Cool.

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
I put that in the comments some years ago as a tongue in cheek response to being referred to a "forum guru". I doubt I am anyone's guru Grasshopper, but my trial and error problem solving approach is still working well after all these years.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, O Wise One. Cool

You’re sure helping me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night. You can ignore the large leak mess at 09:59. Took the mask off before
getting up, didn't turn machine off. It's supposedly "cooling down" but it's already cool.

That probably threw the max.respiration rate off too.

Not sure what to show. Here are the 3 events.

[attachment=29196]

[attachment=29197]

[attachment=29198]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,045 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,486 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Idea New CPAP Oscar Help Graphs triquetralark482 0 191 02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: triquetralark482
  First time PAP user. Need help interpreting graphs. kayblitz 6 351 02-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kayblitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.