Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset
RE: First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset
(10-23-2016, 07:29 PM)Lanco Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 06:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleepyhead does not change the default data capability of an S9. Download data weekly and you won't lose details. After that, you may lose wave form data, but not compliance or events. If you're going to sleep non-traditional hours past noon, then change the preferences in Sleepyhead.

I think I am being really dense about thisHuh SleepyHead is fine for the hours, nothing need to be changed for that, it figures it out on it's own. And, I know Sleepyhead will not change any settings on the machine itself.

I have been importing data every day so far. Is this all that's needed OR (excuse my denseness) do I have to copy the stuff directly off the SD card itself and paste in a folder to make sure I have everything saved I need?Dont-know
SH does make a back up if you have the correct box checked. But if you lose (in a machine crash, for example) or accidentally remove the SH data folder, then you lose the SH backup.

If you are really paranoid about having all your data, you will want to make an external backup of the Datalog folder every seven days and you'll have to keep all the Datalog folders around since the wave flow data is overwritten every seven days.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify assuming you use Windows. Sleepyhead saves all of your data in folder like My Documents\Sleepyhead\Profiles\Username\Machine# . It is very easy to copy that folder to an external backup drive from time to time to prevent losses. The SD card in the S9 only has 7 days of detail data, but a year of compliance data. I'm not sure what else is there. It's not like you need to keep years of CPAP data but the best place to get it is in the documents/sleepyhead folder. It is backed up there automatically, but if you want to protect against computer crashes, then back up the computer or that folder. I have 3 different machines under my profile in Documents, and they all have backup folders; so I guess I have years of data availalble if I want it. It is automatically created or updated everytime you download the SD card. I did not have to do anything to backup or create the data folders.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This helps. Thanks.

Wondering what % is acceptable for % of time above Leak Rate threshold?
Post Reply Post Reply
One other thing at the moment. When you touch the cursor to an event like OA a little sign will pop up and says Obstructive (13). Am I correct in assuming that means that particular one lasted 13 seconds?
Post Reply Post Reply
Zero is best. Large leak is 24L/min, so keep it in single digits if possible, and that would be incidental. Or, if it makes you feel better, change the large leak flag in Sleepyhead to 30 L/min. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I understand the normal Large Leak Threshold is 24 l/m, and I understand you ideally want it as little as possible, but I'm wondering what percent is ok. It seems to me as I was reading about this topic along the way 30% of the time was considered acceptable. Did I see that right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the Statistics in Sleepyhead, what is your 30 day average leak and % of time above leak threshold? For someone to be above the leak threshold 30% of the time, the 70th percentile leak would be 24 L/min. (how's my math?). Anyway, seems high, and I'm not aware of therapeutic guideline that offers the specific threshold you're asking for. Minimization seems to be a better strategy than justifying an acceptable large leak. You know it's acceptable, when you're comfortable and sleeping well. Even if therapy is not a problem at that leak rate, sleep disruption and side-effects must be a b!tch, but you are the best judge of what you can tolerate.

I know you have a pretty low event rate. Is there any correlation of leaks with pressure, or is it random? Are the leaks oral, or mask leaks?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2016, 09:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looking at the Statistics in Sleepyhead, what is your 30 day average leak and % of time above leak threshold? For someone to be above the leak threshold 30% of the time, the 70th percentile leak would be 24 L/min. (how's my math?).
You math is GREAT!

Quote:Anyway, seems high, and I'm not aware of therapeutic guideline that offers the specific threshold you're asking for.
On the S9's Mr. Red Frowny Face shows up in the machine's LCD data if the leaks are greater than or equal to 24 L/min for at least 30% of the night. If the leaks are greater than or equal to 24 L/min for LESS than 30% of the night, Mr. Green Smiley Face shows up.

So that's a data point that indicates that Resmed is not particularly worried if the time spent in Large Leak is less than 30% of the night.

That said, in general, the less time spent in Large Leak territory the better. Ideally the amount of time in Large Leak should be pretty close to 0% or equal to 0%. But it's also important to realize that it is unrealistic to expect that your unintentional leaks will be at 0 L/min for 100% of the night every single night.

My own take on leaks is this:

If the Large Leaks are both large and long enough to adversely affect the efficacy of the therapy and the accuracy of the data, you have to fix them even if you are sleeping through them.

If the Large Leaks are short and are usually not far above the 24 L/min threshold on a Resmed machine, then you fix them if they're causing disruption to your sleep and you don't worry excessively about them if you're sleeping right through them.

If your leaks are NOT in Large Leak territory but they ARE waking you up or disrupting your sleep, you fix them.

If your leaks are NOT in Large Leak territory and they are not waking you up or disrupting your sleep, you ignore them.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your great answers. Been a bit busy so it will take a little time to digest all this new material.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying my new S9 Autoset as well as Sleepyhead. Thought I'd post some comparison data for the first 8 days of use between the S9 and and the last 8 days of use of my XT Auto along with 99 day stats for the XT. Keeping in mind for the 99 day data that I was trying to get used to a new apap machine, a new mask, trying to stop leaks, (after 16 years of purposely allowing my mask to leak to make it easier to breathe in and out, etc).

Note especially the difference between apnea and hypopnea numbers. I am skipping leak info for the XT as it would be hard to compare the two machines.

Auto XT, XT Auto, S9 Autoset

99 days, last 8 days, first 8 days

AHI - 2.39, 1.61, 1.02
Apnea - 0.10, 0.12, 0.86
Hypopnea - 2.30, 1.49, 0.13

Average Pressure - 9.1, 9.6, 9.51
Average 90% Pressure - 9.8, 9.6, 10.64

Leak Rate for 8 days for S9:

Average Leak Rate - 4.52
90 % Leak Rate - 14.40
% of time above leak rate threshhold - 4.72

Also for S9 CA - 0.02

Any thoughts, observations etc welcome as always.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my machine gave me a green smiley face but SleepHead said Mask leaking way too much. Talk to your cpap advisor. My AHI is the highest it's been since I got the S9 at 2.70. I'll have to admit I feel pretty crummy today. What can you tell by looking at these charts? I realize it's not uncommon to have changes in results. It appears my averages look ok. What do you think? What do you recommend so that I don't have many more nights of bad readings?

[img][Image: ZZxlt2ol.png][/img]

[img][Image: kfrg6Upl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.