Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset
RE: First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset
Bump. Now that the holidays are past I'll reintroduce a few questions on a couple of my posts that were missed. I asked for Butterball turkey this year and that's what we had. yum

In reference to above posts. I tried my Wizard 220 FFM last night and the same thing happened as when I tried it with the Apex, my leaks went down and my AHI goes up. My pressure also went to the max of 17 for the first time. Don't know how to approach this yet. My data according to Resmed (green smiley face) says everything is fine using a nasal mask while the people here says my leaks are kind of high.

Next, while using the humidifier my leaks increased to the highest I've ever had on a few nights using my regular nasal mask. One night I got up and when I talked my voice sounded raspy which pretty much does not happen without the humidifier and I have woke up and my mouth and throat are drier than ever before. Makes me think my body is reacting to the humidity in a way that it wants me to open my mouth more. I wonder if this happens to others. I wonder if there are people who while using a humidifier (whether they really need one or not) have found they need a FFM or chinstrap when maybe if they had tried without humidity they could use pillows or a nasal maks???

Next, as far as the clock setting, first, I like it that I can now press the info button on the S9 in the morning (for me anyway) and it shows my AHI and the green smiley face that says leaks were ok, at least according to Resmed but not so much here on the forum.Dont-know

But as far as the clock I suppose I could just leave it and have my data one day off so I can keep my glitched up data (I'll save this for another thread) from the beginning of treatment. Although I was hoping there was a work around either on the S9 or in SH and ResScan for this so everything was back on the normal day.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First SleepyHead report for S9 Autoset
Even with the Apex, I found that once I stopped leaking through the mouth, the AHI & pressure numbers generally went up.

Due to some internal nasal sores, my doc recommended that I use the humidifier, so out it came from the cupboard and I've been using it since. The AHI hasn't dropped below 2 unless I see a large leak which correspondingly doesn't have any apneas/hypopneas. Think that's where the machine doesn't measure correctly.

I'm starting to bring my min pressure up to compensate and I'm 0.5 h2o from my original 90th percent.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 209 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 248 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 206 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,593 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 510 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,473 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.