Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First SleepyHead stats--Ugly???
RE: First SleepyHead stats--Ugly???
You had one night of bad leaks, what happened that night? OpalRose's comments on pressure are supported by this data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 12:39 AM)PoolQ Wrote: yep, I agree-your pressure could be raised a bit. Any reason you are on CPAP instead of APAP? Your centrals are low now, if you were on APAP before was that causing centrals?

I'm pretty new to this. The stats in the original post reflects my total experience with CPAP. I probably should have just kept this going in my original thread. Here it is for more background:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-questions

So I'm just learning about APAP v CPAP. I will definitely bring it up at the sleep center tonight.

Quote:Looks like you are sleeping through the night, that's a good thing. How are you feeling in the morning?

It varies--some days better than others. I'm still a slave to an alarm that comes too damn early on weekdays. I woke up this morning with a bit of a headache but I had problems with my mask last night. I lifted it to scratch my nose and went back to sleep with a less than ideal seal. I ended up sitting up and refitting. I usually wake up once or twice during the night, but I usually don't have too much problem falling back asleep.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2016, 12:42 AM)chill Wrote: You had one night of bad leaks, what happened that night? OpalRose's comments on pressure are supported by this data.

I suspect it has to do with this problem that's developed where I wake up and my nose is itching. I just pull the mask back for a bit while I scratch. I also noticed last night that although I'm primarily a back sleeper, if I turn my head on the pillow, the AirFit mask seems to shift. I may go back to the Simplus.

Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2016, 06:44 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Your 90% pressure is bumping up to your maximum setting of 10, so the max should be raised.
It also would make sense to raise your minimum pressure from 4 to at least 7. A minimum of 4 is pretty low and too far away from your 90% number.

I'm on a constant level of 10 but I've played with the ramp up going anywhere from none to putting it on auto. I've had it on auto for the last few days.

Quote:It would be easier to advise if you would post a screenshot from the Daily Page.

Done!!

Quote:
But for now, I recommend a pressure range of 7 min to 12 max.

Sounds good to me. I'll see what the sleep tech says tonight but I have no problem with making the adjustment myself.

Quote: Nothing to worry about the perscription changes at the bottom. It will start a new line whenever you make any change, like you made with the EPR setting.

But I didn't make any adjustment (that I know of). I don't even know what EPR is. Is that something that has to be done in the clinical menu? I've accessed it for a look but haven't changed anything.

I appreciate the help!!!!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
as for the change, your Doctor can check on how you are doing remotely and make changes. THe machine only detects a change and notes it, has no idea who changed it.

If you are regularly getting morning headaches, you should bring that up also as they are usually caused by retaining CO2 and they can adjust your machine to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did my retest last night and the results were the same as the first. It showed no events once my pressure was up to 10. I don't know how my home results differ so much from happens in the lab . I asked the tech if the doctor that writes the prescriptions ever recommends the autoset feature and she said almost never. I did leave copies of the SleepyHead reports--I don't know if the doc will take those into consideration. I'll wait to see what the final report says. If it says to maintain the status quo and I'm still having the same results, I'll give OpalRose's settings a shot.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,151 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 415 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 393 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.