Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Test Drive -- Optimistic
RE: First Test Drive -- Optimistic
Hi herbm
At 12 noon is the start of a new CPAP day and goes until noon next day
Check the time and date are correct and set to your local time
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, but this was 4 to 7 in the same 12 hour period.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2014, 10:48 PM)herbm Wrote: Ok, but this was 4 to 7 in the same 12 hour period.

did you check the clock setting on your machine? maybe you can post your data graph from rescan or sleepyhead or the summary from either one and maybe that will help us to help you
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2014, 10:48 PM)herbm Wrote: Ok, but this was 4 to 7 in the same 12 hour period.
You need to confirm the clock showing the correct local time as suggested to you in post #11
[Image: S9-time02.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome herbm. Sounds like you are having a great start with therapy. Keep up the good job!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2014, 08:36 AM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: Welcome herbm. Sounds like you are having a great start with therapy. Keep up the good job!

Clock is showing correct time. 2 nights in, 8.2 hours per night. (Nap plus night sleep to get that total.)

Sleep study AHI 49

Average AHI for 2 nights: 5.4 to 6.8 (SH vs. Rescan) call it AHI 6

Ave pressure last night: 10.74 with 95% 12.66 Max 15.7

I have already adjusted my Min to 9 and Max to 16. I didn't adjust the min to get a "Lower AHI" primarily, but because more air makes it more comfortable to go to sleep.

During the split sleep study the therapeutic portion was a bust because I never went to sleep with 4-6 during the 3 hours available, DESPITE lying there almost completely comfortably, relaxing, and resting. It just didn't seem to offer enough air support to let me relax.

This already proves that the therapy CAN work for me. I have been very lucky and you all have been a tremendous help.

Thank you every one.Thanks
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am lucky to have you folks to help me.

The 3rd night just got even better.

Diagnosis AHI: 49, last night 2.92, 3 night average: 5.7 Rescan/4.49 SH

9 hrs single session last night (bathroom break at 3.5 hours) and awake almost 1 to 1.5 hours total so I got 7.5 or 8 hours good sleep.

The REAL AHI is almost certainly LOWER, about 1.5 probably. This was the reading when I woke at 2:45 and checked the machine directly. Looking at the event data shows that most of the 'events' actually cluster right after this time (when I was awake) or during the last hour in the morning when once again I was awake and attempting to sleep a little longer.

Last night: machine is on 10-16, leaks are down to minimal (.66avg & 6-95%). 10.64 avg pressure, 12.35 94%, max 13.2.

Mask is now comfortable with the correct size pillows.

I don't know how most beginners ever do this without the help of folks like you -- oh wait, half of them fail without such support.

Thanks.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
This forum definitely is a huge part of the success story for members. I would have been completely lost without it. The encouragement and understanding by others that have been through it is important. Equally important is the valuable tips and advice that can be learned here. It is so helpful to know where to go for help and how to troubleshoot when things don't seem quite right. There is a big learning curve.

Glad you are having such a successful start to your therapy. Many take much longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I would have known about this forum 3 years ago when I first got my machine. I would not have suffered for more than 2 1/2 years if I had known about forums like this one. Now, I have to learn about the VPAP Auto which I don't understand yet. At least I know where to go to look for the info now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Herb, congrats on a great start. Mine was a bit more rocky, but thanks to this forum, I am doing well now. My AHI is now less than 1.0 every night. My machine pressures are similar to yours, 5-15. Even now I occasionally have a weird night, but it is usually due to leaking....my mask not me LOL.

I'm not sure about changing the lower pressure. When I look at my data, the graphs undulates through the night, not hitting the min. or max. My 95% average pressure is usually around 8 or 9. I can see that when I have leaks or an apnea event, it cranks up to try and fix my breathing, which is good. These machines are amazingly smart.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 129 Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 214 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 884 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 357 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  First Sleep Test OwenTrantor 56 3,997 02-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.