Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Time CPAP USer
First Time CPAP USer
Hello,

First time user with AirCurve 10.

First night was 3/12 - 3/13.  Using O2 Ring to monitor effect of new system.

Don't know enough about either for that to be effective.

would welcome advice and guidance on getting the Aircurve to perform optimally for my current situation.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ron Neave

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Time CPAP USer
With PS 2.0 and pressure form 4.0 to 8.0, you have severe positional obstructive apnea and your pressure is far too low. You need to correct whatever is causing the chin-tucking as described in our wiki articles linked below, and let's get your pressure to an effective range. If you are using multiple or firm pillows, toss them on the floor and get your head down. If not, consider a soft cervical collar. Read the wikis and note the before and after graphs. That is you! These are recommended settings:
Mode: VPAP Auto
EPAP minimum: 8.0
Pressure Support: 4.0 cm
IPAP max pressure: 16.0

Positional Apnea: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thank you for checking in.  Hoping it isn't too late to recalibrate for tonight based on the latest dataset.

Many thanks,

Ron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Forgot to mention that I removed all pillows per the suggestion. Many thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I still see the same positional apnea Sleeprider reported before. THe solution is still a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!
Very much appreciate the fast and extremely useful responses.
Adding the cervical collar, and pairing that with a Wedge pillow did the trick for me.  Results are as close to 100% as makes no difference so delighted.

What is the best procedure to follow when needing a rest room visit.

I use Autostart, so getting a session started is a breeze.
When I need to pause for a rest room break I press the STOP switch on the machine, unclip the hose from the mask, and off I go.
After the rest room break I re-clip the hose to the mask and press the START button.

Is there a preferred sequence of events for this kind of break?  I use the above to avoid the uclipping of the hose being seen as a large leak.  As I don't understand how the machine registers an end of session I am concerned that in pressing the STOP key I stand the chance of terminating my session.

I also have some issues with dry mouth and lips so have raised the the humidity level to 5 and will add a climate hose.  Anything to watch out for in that move?
Post Reply Post Reply
Incororated Climate Hose and ran auto
PS 4.0 over 8-16  from 3/13 to 3/23
Experienced sore throat and nasty taste/feeeling in mouth.

Switched back to regular hose and ran with manual settings at PS 3.0 over 8-16 until 4/8.

Scored 100% several times on MyAir and throat/mouth issues subsided.

Thought we had a keeper.  O2 Ring monitoring and results also fantastic and nightime visits to Bathroom down to 1.

Then, on April 9, I had, for me, a large and troublesome nose bleed in my right nostril.  Finally stopped on April 12.

Of course I'm on blood thinners, the pollen count is way up, I'l using the Aircurve, and I was chopping wood on a low block so bent over (head low).

Now working with ENT doctor to try to get myself ready to transition back to CPAP.

Need to get my pre-sleep prep and settings all to a level where my oxygen doesn't red line and my throat and mouth feel OK.

What settings should I use on the Aircurve and humidifier piece of that equation?

Would appreciate anything you can suggest by way of next steps.

Thanks and Best Regards.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using the VAUTO is a little bit different than the cpap.  When you set the min it is what you would expect - lowest it will go. (with the cpap the lowest is min-EPR).    The PS is added to the min for the inhale.  The max is again what you would expect - the highest it will go. (it may never need to go that high and won't increase to that level unless it needs to)

so - "PS 4.0 over 8-16  from 3/13 to 3/23"  the pressures were min (exhale) 8, starting pressure 12 (min+PS), max 16

"Switched back to regular hose and ran with manual settings at PS 3.0 over 8-16 until 4/8."
 so - min (exhale) 8, starting pressure 11 (min+PS), max 16

You can make your own adjustments to the pressures that worked best for you on your cpap or move them a little.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,474 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.