Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Time Posting
RE: First Time Posting
(07-09-2017, 09:39 AM)DreamWeaver80 Wrote: Last night's results, as promised: http://imgur.com/V8OiTht

I am still having more Clear Airway events than anything else so hopefully turning off the EPR and changing the minimum cmH2O to 5 will help.  I am going to learn more about the settings and their meaning.

The results for July 8 still show you are using EPR Full time set to 3 cm. Your minimum pressure is still 4.0.  Please set your minimum pressure to 6.0 or use that as fixed pressure and turn off EPR, or use a maximum setting of 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, per everyone's input I have changed the minimum to 5.4 (between 5 and 6) and the max to 10 (to limit the range) and turned the EPR off. I will stick with that for a while and see what happens unless I feel it's uncomfortable. Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2017, 10:03 AM)DreamWeaver80 Wrote: Why does changing the max matter with an APAP setting?  Doesn't that just allow the machine to go higher if needed?

You are correct if, that is IF you didn't have the proportion of CAs that you are having.  APAP in intended to treat OA, not CA, so we have to step in and limit pressure since the CAs are likely pressure induced.  It is not uncommon to end up at a fixed pressure with no EPR in cases like yours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Others are giving great advice regarding pressures.

If you start feeling like you need to take off the mask to get more air, that's a good sign you should turn the pressure higher. 5 was what I was prescribed, and after about a week of getting used to the whole CPAP ordeal, I was feeling that way... and going to 6 made all the difference!

BTW I was sore in the chest for several days. The chest muscles have to get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 226 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,172 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Pressure Variation with Time Heaviside 2 176 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.