Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First day of Lent
Rainbow 
First day of Lent
Yes it's the first day I was lent an alternate machine from VitalAire.
I had my appointment and informed them that despite having the ResMed S9 Escape, I was still not getting a decent night's sleep. I usually woke up very tired and often went back to sleep.
It was clear to me that despite my breathing difficulty, even during my sleep study that they regarded the pressure level the same as before. I said that I was prepared to pay the difference on an S9 AutoSet but I was told it wasn't that simple. You gotta love that government funding and the rules that go with it Rolleyes
But she lent me a ResMed S8 AutoSet II until December 5. Hopefully it will find a preferred pressure for me. I'll start making notes. I find that it does not take a standard SD card. I assume that it has at least some internal storage to keep the data until VitailAire gets it back?
Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First day of Lent
You can access some limited data by holding down the left arrow and right arrow buttons for three seconds. You get your 95% pressure, 95% leak, AHI, and time used. It might be helpful to make a spreadsheet of your data. The data resets at noon, so you will want to do this in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed page for it has a user guide.

http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s8_aut...c=patients
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2012, 01:41 PM)big_dave Wrote: You can access some limited data by holding down the left arrow and right arrow buttons for three seconds.
http://vimeo.com/19565675

Post Reply Post Reply
Rainbow 
Second day of Lent
Well I made it through the night.
I was not very rested, as usual. But that time may come.
And when I woke up after 8.05 hours I found the machine was no longer set to 8, but to 9.6!
I'll try to keep a tab on the numbers this thing spits out.
The sleep therapist seemed puzzled why the number didn't change during my sleep study but hopefully it will provide the evidence that at the very least I need a re-match.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.