Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First few nights not looking so good?
RE: First few nights not looking so good?
I used 4 different masks over 4 weeks before settling on F&P Pilaire with chin strap. I wore mine while watching TV until i got used to wearing it. Now sleeping like a baby without using the Ramp. Machine is set @9.2 - 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2012, 05:54 AM)ImReallyTired Wrote: Oh, my 95% pressure right now is 13.5

That's a good indication that your pressure was too high.

Quote:Not sure how to find the percentage of time in large leak.

Check the on-screen menu. Although it most certainly will tell you what you already know, that you were leaking a lot.

You can also use the software to find the 95% leak rate.

I think it's great that things are working better for you. I'm sure that your AHI will start to come down. Is it composed mostly of OA's and hypopneas?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I think it's great that things are working better for you. I'm sure that your AHI will start to come down. Is it composed mostly of OA's and hypopneas?

Yes, both. More OA's than hypopnea's though. I also just realized they seem to be coming in groups (the OA's). For example, a couple nights ago I had a total of 66 of them, around 40 of which were between 4 and 5 AM. More or less the same thing last night, with the cluster being between 3 and 5 AM.

Leaks are under control so I no longer think it's that. I'm hoping to hear back from my DME within the next few days, maybe he'll have some suggestions.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2012, 07:07 AM)ImReallyTired Wrote: Yes, both. More OA's than hypopnea's though. I also just realized they seem to be coming in groups (the OA's). For example, a couple nights ago I had a total of 66 of them, around 40 of which were between 4 and 5 AM. More or less the same thing last night, with the cluster being between 3 and 5 AM.

Leaks are under control so I no longer think it's that. I'm hoping to hear back from my DME within the next few days, maybe he'll have some suggestions.

All is good then. Everything looks normal.

We know from experience it takes some time for the AHI to drop after CPAP therapy begins. Probably due to the body getting used to the fact that it no longer has to wake itself up to breathe. As your OSA developed over the years your body had to adapt. It had to keep waking itself up to breathe. Now it has to adapt to a new set of circumstances. And it will. It just takes time. Meanwhile you'll eventually start to notice improvements in the way you feel.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 58 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 190 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 138 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 77 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 374 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.