Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First machine!! Just arrived, setup help please.
First machine!! Just arrived, setup help please.
Good Morning from California,

Soooo, i just received my machine that i purchase a few days ago and my apt for the setup is still two days away. I was wondering if anyone here can help me set it up with my prescription or should i wait, and if so where can i post for that help. In the meant time i will write down what my prescription says as i am new to all these terms so if i'm missing anything then please let me know.

Machine: PR series one DS760P

Prescription says: Auto Bipap Min EPAP15omH20, PS 5omH20, Max IPAP 25omH20
heated humidifier
cpap tubbing

RDI:83.5
CmH20 20/15
Ramp 15omH20
Total Respiratory Events 442

Thank you again for any help in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First machine!! Just arrived, setup help please.
Go to:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...P-Pressure

There, you can read how to get the instructions to set up your machine. Once you have those, let us know if you have any difficulties.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
SJGino, the answer is really simple. First, let's be sure your SD card is clean by formatting it to FAT 32, or just delete everything on it.

Second, make sure the machine therapy data is cleared. To do this, we will go into the provider mode. This link describes how to enter provider mode: http://www.apneaboard.com/pr-system-one-...structions Rotate the control knob until the Setup is highlighted on the screen. Press the control knob and ramp button at the same time until you hear the beep. Now, you can go to the Info screen, (press the control knob to enter) and scroll down to therapy data; press control knob again, and select delete. You can do the same for therapy hours. Now, scroll back up and exit to the main menu and go back to Setup and select. Now scroll down to the EPAPmin and select 15. Now scroll to PS min and select 5.0, enter. Scroll to PS max and enter 5.0 and enter. Scroll to IPAP max and select 25.

If you provided prescription information to SecondwindCPAP, then these values may already be entered. Note that your machine has automatic PS adjustment. You might want to try a PSmin of 3 and PSmax of 5, but we can always go there later as you start to optimize. Good luck!

Editing to add, you need to go through the Therapy menu and make sure any compliance and efficacy data is reset as well. Once you are in the provider menu, it is all pretty obvious. You don't want to leave any records of the previous user, just in case they were not cleared by the seller. I think they do this for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you ,

i'll be trying to figure this out tonight and see how i do. Thanks again

SD card is formatted and clean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SJGino,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's GREAT to hear that you got your machine and I hope you like it.
I wish you good luck as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 108 11 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,943 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,183 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My battery backup setup GeoffD 323 88,221 10-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  New DreamStation 2 setup KSMatthew 7 791 08-24-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.