Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow limitations
Flow limitations
Is there anything in these charts that would indicate what is causing these FL's?
Was my first night trying a P10 nasal pillow.  Also slept with a soft collar to help with jaw drop.

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow limitations
I don’t see a problem your flow limitations, nothing is jumping out fix me I would reduce the EPR to 1 and you may find your CA’s reduce if they are normally at this level. Other than that how are you feeling and sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Your charts look good to me but I’m not an expert. If you feel good I would keep it as is. If it was me and I didn’t feel good I would put EPR on 3 and bump up the minimum pressure by 1cm h20 and give it a few nights. 

That’s not a recommendation It’s just what I would do
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I would have to echo jaswilliams recommendation.

Set EPR to 1. (This may clean up a couple Clear Airway events.) They really aren't much, but that’s what I would do.

I don’t see a problem with Flow Limitations. Your FL readings are pretty low.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank all of you. Prior to recently starting APAP I felt exhausted/run down constantly. Been doing a lot of searching here on AB and a little fine tuning on my end, and have been feeling like I am getting a better quality of sleep, morning headaches are gone, and muscle cramps are gone (Dr felt it was hypoxia).
I found that if I set EPR to 3 that I have more CA events along with H and RE and feel generally poorer upon waking.
With EPR at 2, I get the few CA's (as shown) but no H or RE (typically). And generally feel rested upon wake.
With EPR at 1 or 0, there are virtually no events, but I feel horrible in the AM. Like I didn't sleep at all.
So for right now EPR 2 seems to be my happy medium.

The pressures seem to be working well for me. I recently lowered my Max to 14 because anything 15+ would give me a horrible headache.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a guess, but you might see whether the little bursts of FL continue to show the kind of pattern we're seeing here. Especially in light of your respiration-rate changes, this might be a REM-related phenomenon. In any event, nothing to worry about, it seems to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Late to the game, but there is nothing of concern here related to flow limitation. There are a couple periods of low flow limitation that work to increase pressure, at which point the flow limits resolve. This is exactly as designed. I agree with your conclusions that higher EPR would be counter-productive, and this looks effective and comfortable. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2019, 12:17 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Just a guess, but you might see whether the little bursts of FL continue to show the kind of pattern we're seeing here.  Especially in light of your respiration-rate changes, this might be a REM-related phenomenon.  In any event, nothing to worry about, it seems to me.

Dormeo, I've been trying to compare my fitbit data with that in the OSCAR charts to do exactly that.  But it is frustrating without being able to have all the sleep data right in OSCAR.  Someday I may invest in one of those EEG sleep monitors...

(12-13-2019, 12:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Late to the game, but there is nothing of concern here related to flow limitation.  There are a couple periods of low flow limitation that work to increase pressure, at which point the flow limits resolve.  This is exactly as designed.  I agree with your conclusions that higher EPR would be counter-productive, and this looks effective and comfortable.  Well done!
Sleeprider, thanks.  It's been an interesting journey.  Lots of great people here to learn from!
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 104 Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 268 Yesterday, 02:18 PM
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 316 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 114 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,617 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.