Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First (mostly) full nights sleep with data.
First (mostly) full nights sleep with data.
Last night was my first mostly full nights sleep with my APAP. Smile It has been a rough road to get to this point but the night before last, I used a prescription sleep aid to help me get some sleep with the apap. Last night I didn't take the sleeping pill but I did take some valerian and magnesium an hour before bed that was enough. I woke up several times and stayed awake a while at one point. At another point my wife told me I was snoring pretty bad so I don't know if I knocked my mask off or I laid over on my side and got a big leak. My mask seems very sensitive to any movement. I'd love any thoughts or suggestions on my data. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First (mostly) full nights sleep with data.
You are having a horrible time with flow limits and RERAs. Can you show the flow limits chart please and the leaks on the same page. Also turn off the piechart.
Also your pressure is climbing and maxing out because of obstructive events. You also appear to have EPR set to 3.

Set your min pressure=12, Max pressure = 20. I would also increase your EPR but 3 is the max value.

I am thinking that you may need a BiLevel for your apnea, these changes should let us know.
Post Reply Post Reply
        I don't know how to get rid of the thumbnails when I click on them. But here is what I could get.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the organize charts link in my signature. vertically shrink snores, leak and flow limits and even events a bit to fit all.

Let's see what it looks like tomorrow. These are some of the largest flow limits I have seen. Let's set the max pressure to 16 instead of 20 because I think it will go to the max. Let's keep it down a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what its worth, it really was the most restful night of sleep I've had in ages. I even had a dream that wasn't a nightmare and its been ages since that happened. The only bad thing was I woke up once with my cheeks puffed out due to the air pressure with the driest mouth ever. The humidity level was auto set on 4 and when I woke up in the morning there was very little water left but I live in an extremely dry part of the country so I guess that is just how it is here. But it rained today so hopefully it won't be as bad tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m glad you got some benefit from sleep aids. I remember what you had posted recently about falling asleep: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ing-asleep

One little addendum to Bonjour’s post: you can squeeze graphs vertically by grabbing the gray horizontal lines that separate the graphs and moving them up.
Post Reply Post Reply
        I didn't get a lot of sleep with my mask on last night. Apparently I knocked it off in my sleep. But I did get some data. I didn't set the min number to 12. It was a bit too much for me to go from a minimum of 6 to 12 one day. But I did move the min to 10 and the max to 16 with a 45 minute ramp time to start.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks as though the changes you made are in the right direction, and it looks as though you’re doing better with leaks. If you keep taking your mask off in your sleep, we can make some suggestions, but with any luck it was a one-time thing.

I know that the experts will want to guide you on tuning up your settings. To help them help you, could you include the left-hand sidebar in your screenshots, first turning off the calendar and the pie chart?

It’s good to see your improvement, and I believe there will be more to come. Avanti!
Post Reply Post Reply
In spite of the flow limits, you have a high tidal volume and minute vent looks excellent. I think it might be helpful to look at a zoomed vew of your flow rate charts (2-minute segment) where the actual breath wave is visible. Also want to make sure you are not using tall or firm pillows that may be causing your neck to flex (chin tuck). The good news is, this will get more comfortable and your results will improve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
            I took the mask off in my sleep again last night. I don't have a clue how to stop doing that. Is there some kind of alarm you can hook up the the mask to tell you that you are taking it off?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 514 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,586 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.