Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First (mostly) full nights sleep with data.
RE: First (mostly) full nights sleep with data.
I turned the ramp down to 20 but couldn't go all the way off without difficulty falling asleep. My limitations are still pretty bad even on the female algorithm and my AHI has also gone up on the female algorithm even with the same max/min pressures. But it does feel more comfortable to me than the standard algorithm. I saw a new sleep doc this week and they prescribed me gabapentin to help me go to sleep. And I have to say it worked pretty good last night. I feel a little light headed in the morning but nothing terrible. But the new doctor didn't seem concerned or interested in my flow limitations or prescribing me an auto bilevel without another expensive sleep study and I'm not going through that again if I can help it.  Here are my charts from last night. I might have found a bpap locally to buy but nothing concrete yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the others. The first email wouldn't let me add these two.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my flow limits. Can't tell if they have gotten better or worse on the alternative algorithm or stayed the same.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you not remove the pie chart and calendars from your screenshots?

For FL, I generally look at two things, before I bother with analysis of waveforms and such: the FL graph, and the max FL number.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 02:20 PM)slowriter Wrote: Can you not remove the pie chart and calendars from your screenshots?

For FL, I generally look at two things, before I bother with analysis of waveforms and such: the FL graph, and the max FL number.

Here is my FL chart sans anything else. It appears my waves are square shaped and my highest FL number is around .99

Post Reply Post Reply
I mean the overall chart, as shown on the wiki article (see the example under the "Use F12 take a screenshot" section).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2019, 02:03 PM)17WRX Wrote: I turned the ramp down to 20 but couldn't go all the way off without difficulty falling asleep. My limitations are still pretty bad even on the female algorithm and my AHI has also gone up on the female algorithm even with the same max/min pressures. But it does feel more comfortable to me than the standard algorithm. I saw a new sleep doc this week and they prescribed me gabapentin to help me go to sleep. And I have to say it worked pretty good last night. I feel a little light headed in the morning but nothing terrible. But the new doctor didn't seem concerned or interested in my flow limitations or prescribing me an auto bilevel without another expensive sleep study and I'm not going through that again if I can help it.  Here are my charts from last night. I might have found a bpap locally to buy but nothing concrete yet.
My doctor scoffs every time I bring up my flow limitations. I’ve even described how I feel the next day when they are high or I’ve taken my mask off more than a few times during high flow limitations without realizing it until I looked at my charts and nothing but a quick change of the subject to “you’re doing great” because my average AHI was 2. 

That’s when I said screw it and learned as much as I could about APAP and sleep apnea and with this forums help and advice have brought my therapy under control as far as FL’s, OSA and hypopneas are concerned with a pillow mask instead of a full face and higher minimum pressure and lower max.

That said your FL’s are far and away higher and of longer duration than mine are. I thought I’d tell you my story because of your doctor brushing off something that is clearly affecting you. Been there along with a lot of others in here
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a ResMed Aircurve 10 vauto yesterday and a ResMed F20 mask yesterday and used them last night. The vauto was much more comfortable to use. Way more comfortable. But my AHI is up and unfortunately my flow limitation chart is still high in spots and boxy. But maybe higher pressures would change that? I don't know but I'm glad to have this machine. Only bad thing is it appears to show less data than my old machine.

I tried updating my profile with my new machine but none of the links I could find would allow me to change the machine. Just email, password avatar and signature were all the available options under edit profile.

Post Reply Post Reply
And here are my flow limitations. Although my boxes are a bit more sloped than before, hopefully higher pressure will round out my boxes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello 17 WRX. It'd be very helpful to the experts if you would rearrange your daily chart and then repost it. Here are the steps to take:

Show all of the left-hand panel, being sure you turn off the calendar (little triangle next to the date) and the pie chart (File..Preferences..Appearance).

Move your graphs around so you can get this stack into one screen shot:

Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leaks
Flow limitations
Snores.

Click and drag to reorder the graphs, and grab the grey horizontal bar between the graphs to scrunch them a little if you need to.

I'm really glad you find the VAuto more comfortable, and when the experts can take a better look at what is going on I hope you will get some advice about tuning your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,597 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.