Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night
First night
Hello everybody

I had my first night with my machine last night. Whilst I actually slept without snoring or stopping breathing, I still feel tired this morning and have a slight headache. Is this normal until one gets used to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night
It can/will take quite some time for it all to settle in, and for the fatigue levels to drop. 

There will be other things that may surface as your body adjusts in all likelihood as well.

Everyone is different in how they settle in. 

At the top of the page here is a link to the Sleepyhead software download.
Once you have downloaded it and worked out how to access your data you will ultimately be able to post data up here for people to give you guidance. 

Don't expect miracles or an instant magic bullet fix, it takes time and fine tuning to get it working spot on.

And welcome to Apnea Board.  Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, 
 I too am nee. I been doing for a week. I have noticed my blood sugars are lower, also bp lower, I am not qite as tired . It will take time. We all adjust differntly. Stick with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2017, 02:55 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: Welcome, 
 I too am nee. I been doing for a week. I have noticed my blood sugars are lower, also bp lower, I am not qite as tired . It will take time. We all adjust differntly. Stick with it.

some of us lucky ones noticed that their blood sugar is better.  the nurse that called me to report I has sleep apnea said she was not surprised I tested as diabetic.  One of the results of long term apnea is insulin-resistance, which mimics (false signals) diabetes.

my blood sugars have not completely resolved.  but now that I am not stressed, I can lose weight, can think clearly about my future, pick better diet.

my primary care physician would not abandon the diabetes diagnosis, but maybe some day I will return to A1c under 6.5 (I am at 6.7 currently).

Take good care of you.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Laurence1962,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It takes a bit of time for your body to get adjusted to CPAP therapy, just stick with it; it does get better.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 895 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.