Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night/First Post
First night/First Post
Hello all,

Well back in August 2014 I met a fantastic woman (who I warned ahead of time that I snore before our first sleepover) who suggested I go to a sleep clinic and get checked out. Being a stubborn man I was pushed and pushed, finally went in September 2014. My results were shocking to say the least (101 AHI) and began this journey being a stubborn as a mule, have now eaten some humble pie and thank everyone who has helped me get to this point.

Yesterday I went to my Healthcare company to to pick out my machine and mask, didn't have a great experience as it seemed very shady and "salesy" even though I did extensive research throughout this journey and was prepared. Ended up with the Resmed AirSense 10 Elite with Climate line tubing and the P10 Nasal Pillow mask (which i used in sleep study and was comfortable with). My prescription is set to 10 to which was programed into machine and he set everything else to "Auto" which I am sure may need to be tweaked.

Last night was my first night sleeping with the equipment and i seemed to have slept like a baby, I woke up twice but fell right back asleep. Very impressed with how quiet the machine is, mask felt and fit great so i have no complaints what so ever with that. Woke up this morning and right away wanted to see the AHI which was 4.9. Not over the moon with that but i guess i should be, coming from when i did my first sleep study at 101. Right now i feel amazing and feel like i could run across the country and back as a jogging warm up. I am an extremely active person, love lifting weights working out, the outdoors and i am also hoping this therapy is going to help with my energy. I'm also looking forward to getting that number down and living a happy, healthy life with Cpap. Would like to thank this great board and site for the never ending knowledge and seems to be a place with tons of supportive members.

Cheers! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night/First Post
Welcome to apneaboard. Very good for a first night.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout, a newbie with a success story all wrapped up in the first post! Would that we all could be so blessed. Kudos Daniel, way to go!

WelcomeAmazingGood-work

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DanielOcean11,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Sounds like you are off to a great start, very good AHI for your first night, especially considering where you wer at 101.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on feeling great after the first night itself.

Why did you end up with "Elite" and not "Autoset" if you did do your research beforehand?

There may be a way to swap your Elite for Autoset still (Depending on your insurance doing rental vs. buy).

My 2 cents. YMMV.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the messages and encouragement! Much appreciated. Just got home from the gym and felt so different, had a great workout, didn't gas out at all compared to before where I was done after three different excersies. Looking forward to making some gains.

Didn't get autoset cause doctor and sleep technician said the evidence wasn't there to provide to the Ontario goverment that I warrented one. Therefore (OHIP) wouldn't cover. Even after I pushed for it, DME wouldn't budge either.

Cheers, have a great day everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, from 101 to 4.9. I am happy for you. If you are the adventurous type you can systematically adjust your settings and your AHI might go down further. You will have to find out how to adjust them, this forum will help you.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome!!
You are off and running for sure, Now that's a great improvement, just remember there will be up's and down's so don't get to discouraged when some night's you run high on your events they will stabilize with more experience you have learning your new way to a good night's sleep.

Mr. Van Winkle SmileSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 114 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,809 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 168 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,112 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.