Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account


New Posts   Today's Posts

First night behind me - 2nd night update - mostly Centrals?
#11
Second night - no cheyne stokes.

Changed the pressure range, turned off ramp, and turned on epr. I like the epr.

From 6-12 to 7-14.
Epr set to 2.
90% pressure 13.8.

Still mostly clear airway events.
Two of them in the 60 second range...

Obstructive 7, Hypopnea 5, Clear 72.

Longest obstructive was the first one of the night, at 76 seconds, on 10.5 pressure.

AHI down to 10.1 from 13.2.

Slept much better. Still woke up several times but back to sleep fast. Woke up before the alarm, after 8 hours. This is compared to staying in bed 20 minutes past the alarm normally.

Almost no leaks. Two I think, and very slight.
Was even able to sleep on my side a couple of times with no leaks or discomfort.

Post Reply Post Reply
#12
Your 90% pressure at 13.8 is a flag to me. (Sure it isn't 95%?) With your max at 14, it may want to go higher than you have it set for. Maybe set max to 15 and see what happens tonight?
Others here may have different comments.
Post Reply Post Reply
#13
The pressure number just says it was at or below (the keyword is below) 13.8 90% of the time.

Your results look pretty good.

The most important thing you can do now is nothing at all. Leave everything where it is for a few days. If you do that, I suspect your CA number will drop significantly, or maybe go away. Also, in getting used to the gear you may well find you can spend more and more time on your side, which should improve the OA number. After a few days we can look at this again and see if anything needs tweaked. But nothing now for at least a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply


#14
To my understanding, if it is at 13.8 or below 90% of the time, then for the other 10% it is at 14. So we don't know what the true upper limit is, because the the programmed upper limit is may be set too low.
That's how I'm reading the numbers. Ack, on settling for a few days and getting used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
#15
(03-18-2015, 11:28 AM)trailrider Wrote: To my understanding, if it is at 13.8 or below 90% of the time, then for the other 10% it is at 14. So we don't know what the true upper limit is, because the the programmed upper limit is may be set too low.
That's how I'm reading the numbers. Ack, on settling for a few days and getting used to it.

You may very well be correct that the upper limit is set too low. But o/p's got to let things settle down a bit before making any more changes. Otherwise we're just throwing darts at the problem. By the way, what's an "Ack?"
Post Reply Post Reply
#16
Ack=acknowledge. Nothing at all like a Bill-the-Cat Aaakk. Although I do feel like that some days.

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=bill...afe=active
Post Reply Post Reply


#17
Four nights down, about to start the fifth.

AHI still running 10 each night, mostly CA.
CA has dropped to a little over half the events vs 90+ percent of them. (meaning OA's are coming back up some since AHI is holding steady)

Going to try adjusting the mask a little differently tonight. Bridge of my nose is still sore tonight from the past two nights. Putting the mask a little higher and lower each night to keep it off the same spot each time.

Have an Airfit P10 "in the mail" to try early next week sometime.
Post Reply Post Reply
#18
Do you know what your average & 90% pressure numbers are?
Post Reply Post Reply
#19
(03-20-2015, 10:25 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Do you know what your average & 90% pressure numbers are?

So far:
Median is around 11.7
90% is 13.3
95% is 14.1

p.s.:
I raised the upper limit of the range from 15 to 18 last night to see what would happen. I broke out past 15 one time and just by a little. So I'm going to still cap it at 15.
Post Reply Post Reply


#20
Yes, stay put where you're at. Once you have your P10 then let's see what happens.

AHI isn't as good as we'd like, but isn't really terrible either. I still think the CA's will calm down after awhile. Maybe once you quit squeezing your poor little nosie all night.
Post Reply Post Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with the Air Touch F20 memory foam mask NadiaK 4 311 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross AHI is getting worse. Having more centrals Amdx64 74 5,253 Yesterday, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Stevie1under
Thumbsup Update on my partner recently diagnosed. yazwayne 3 154 09-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  First night beginning treatment with DreamStation Falconhoof 11 345 09-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Falconhoof
  Resmed Airsense 10 Using Full Water Tank Every Night Nsquared1 21 1,058 09-01-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Update on my Journey with Apnea & POTS BrassCat 3 163 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  home study for centrals jerry1967 17 615 09-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

Forum Jump:

New Posts   Today's Posts




About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.

For any more information, please use our contact form.