Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

P10 Mask Leaks
P10 Mask Leaks
The air that comes out from near the pillows on the P10.... How can you tell what is leakage and what is exhale?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: P10 Mask Leaks
(09-29-2017, 07:20 PM)DHalfAsleep Wrote: The air that comes out from near the pillows on the P10.... How can you tell what is leakage and what is exhale?

The P10 vents forward and leaks will hit your face. Mouth leaks, well you will recognize the immediately. 

Try all sizes of pillows. The therapist recommended a small for me but the large works best for me. I also tried a chin strap and a cervical collar. Every one is different.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look closely at the front of the mask you will see an area of sort of mesh.  This is where your exhaled breath comes out.  It is called something like "intentional leak".  This is important because you should not rebreathe exhaled air.  Keep it clean and allow it some space.  I find it is louder if some bedding is too close.

When you feel air escaping from your pillows, that in an unintentional leak, and that's the one you want to avoid.  If awake you will probably feel a coolness on your skin.  If it is really bad, it might wake you up.

When I first got my machine,  I didn't use SleepyHead until after about 6 weeks.  Then I found out I had a lot of leaks, nothing major, but more than now.

Everything improved as the weeks went on.  So don't worry too much.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-29-2017, 07:47 PM)Cpapian Wrote: If you look closely at the front of the mask you will see an area of sort of mesh.  This is where your exhaled breath comes out.  It is called something like "intentional leak".  This is important because you should not rebreathe exhaled air.  Keep it clean and allow it some space.  I find it is louder if some bedding is too close.

When you feel air escaping from your pillows, that in an unintentional leak, and that's the one you want to avoid.  If awake you will probably feel a coolness on your skin.  If it is really bad, it might wake you up.

When I first got my machine,  I didn't use SleepyHead until after about 6 weeks.  Then I found out I had a lot of leaks, nothing major, but more than now.

Everything improved as the weeks went on.  So don't worry too much.

I think that answered my question. That lovely tropical breeze across my face must be leakage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 439 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 334 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 138 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 554 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 888 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 372 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,035 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.