Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night ever with Cpap What do you think
RE: First night ever with Cpap What do you think
Thanks for the help again.  I am disregarding some of the events during or just after an arousal.  Here a few that I would like to have you interpret.  How do you know when I am exhaling out my mouth?  I switched mask to the dreamware nasal gel pillows.  This was the longest under the mask.

[attachment=14199][attachment=14200][attachment=14201][attachment=14202][attachment=14203]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14247 Wrote:Jammer pid='305774' dateline='1565101359'][attachment=14248][attachment=14249][attachment=14250][attachment=14251]Thanks for the help again.  I am disregarding some of the events during or just after an arousal.  Here a few that I would like to have you interpret.  How do you know when I am exhaling out my mouth?  I switched mask to the dreamware nasal gel pillows.  This was the longest under the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved prescription up to minimum to 8.5 now.

[attachment=14294]

Is this one event valid?
[attachment=14296]
Post Reply Post Reply
Although my numbers look good, I have these 9 second flat liners followed by a pressure pulse.  Can anyone explain this?  Should this have been flagged as an event?

[attachment=14316][attachment=14317][attachment=14318]
Post Reply Post Reply
Obstructive or central events are flagged only when they last 10 seconds or longer, I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply
These appear to be central events. If there are few and last only 9 sec I would not be concerned. They could just be the result of holding your breath briefly while changing position.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Many of the pauses in breathing appear to be breath holding where you inhale, pause and inhale again before exhaling. This is not apnea regardless of the length of the respiratory pause. "Puffing" is exhaling orally and inhaling through the nose. Both of these types of events are seen in this graph.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14317]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Melman and Sleeprider for your responses
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,126 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 872 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 349 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 431 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 632 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  [Treatment] Low AHI/RDI with CPAP but still jolting awake every night boogiemoogie 0 487 08-09-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: boogiemoogie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.