Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night new machine
RE: First night new machine
When I have 0 RERAs the report shows 0 RERAs. Same for all other events.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
But I believe that is because you have had it before. I have hap my new machine 7 months and never seen it recorded or listed on mine.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The stats don’t appear for events that have not occurred to date. Oscar will only show numbers for things it knows about. As Stacy has said
Post Reply Post Reply
Slightly Off Topic to the OP, but to continue the thought process about RERA...(Mods: feel free to move this if this is the wrong place)

Stacey Melman and jaswilliams comments are the same for my experience with the Airsense 10 Autoset.

It's true that with my Airsense 10 For Her it never showed RERA until I first had one.

Then the row under Event Flags continued to display this, provided I had this selected. Even on days with no RERAs, the row will continue to be displayed.

I have been trialling a Resmed Vauto (same as Stacey) since Jan 12th, it may be too soon to tell, but it has yet to display a RERA.

My observations (I import my data into the same profile)...

...Jan 11th with the Airsense 10 the RERA row displays under Event Flags even though there are no RERAs (as expected)

...move forward to the next day, Jan 12th, first day of Vauto and the Event Flags no longer displays the row for RERA, even though it is checked in the bottom left hand selection box.

I used to have lots of RERA on the Airsense 10 mainly with high Flow Limitations or when my pressures maxed out. I have been lowering my Max IPAP on the Vauto to try and see if it shows RERA, but none so far. (time to open up Max IPAP and not be so OCD about this Grin  )

It may just be that the Vauto is not set up to display RERA? 

Looking at Therapy Comparisons under Product Features for each machine, this is not selected for the Vauto or higher end machines: just an observation. Design feature vs Design Flaw? Or just an old document?

Does anyone who uses the Vauto ever have any RERA events displayed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a resmed autoset, a vauto & an asv, all probably mfgr-ed sbout 5 years ago. my recollection, which can be suspect at times, is that vauto & asv don't identify rera & autoset does - as described by stacey & jas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,173 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 447 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.