Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night new machine
Smile 
First night new machine
New member, long time CPAP user.

Picked up a Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and a full face mask from the DME supplier yesterday.  After verifying that the cost would be what I had been quoted over the phone, the tech proceeded to explain how to use the new machine.  I had already done some research on this forum and a couple of others, and was able to double check the settings that were in the machine were what I expected.

WOW!!!  AHI of .6, and two green smiley faces!!!!  I downloaded MyAir app, and had a score of 96/100.  Still have a couple of issues to resolve, but nothing that can't be fixed.  Maybe.......I would like to sleep through the night, but with three small dogs and my lovely wife in the bed it is sometimes hard to get in a groove Shy   Last night was much better though.

My Apnea history:  Diagnosed around 20 years ago.  Started using a black shoebox machine (Remstar??) with a seperate humidifier.  One setting, with ramp if needed.  Used that for maybe ten years, and when that quit I started using a Resmed S8 Vantage that had been my uncles.  I didn't check the hours when I started using it, but I knew my uncle had complained of having a mouth full of water at night and had quit using the machine.  The S8 now has 40196 hours.  It will be my backup, as it still works. I had been using a nasal mask (Mirage FX), but was having more dry mouth.  I was thinking of trying a full face mask, and F20 worked well last night.

Thank you all for your helpful posts, 

Pete
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night new machine
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the low AHI. MyAir doesn't provide much data. I strongly suggest you download free OSCAR software from here https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/   It will provide you with more helpful data and you will be able to post data in the forum  to get help with resolving any issues you may have. You will need and SD card if your machine didn't come with one and USB SD card reader for your computer if it doesn't have a slot for a card. Any card with an 8-32GB capacity will work. Don't get one with a capacity of more than 32. You can also get a set up manual that instructions on how to access and change machine settings here https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Your minimum pressure seems a bit low. If you can post OSCAR data we will be able to help you optimize settings. See the links below for how to organize and post data. Fell free to ask any questions you may have. It's why were here.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome Melman.

I requested the manual yesterday, and I will get OSCAR today. I asked the tech about the SD card, and he laughed and said we don't need the card any more. We have a modem in the machine. First thing I did when I got home is insert a card...lol.

I agree on the minimum pressure. My previous machine seemed to increase pressure on it's own, but I never took the time to do anything about it. Think I will check old machine to see what was pressures I had set.
Post Reply Post Reply
have had a recent sleep study or just the one 20 years ago. It's good to have a copy. If you don't have a copy you can scan and post? If not, do you remember any of the details? they can be helpful to us in understanding you apnea. You're off to a good start. Please post an OSCAR daily chart when you can.

I use an F20 mask and am quite happy with it. It won't necessarily eliminate dry mouth if you are a mouth breather.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall,  my first sleep test my setting was 11.  Don't have a copy.  Last test was about seven years ago, and I did not sleep well. I was using the S9 then, and they kept my settings in the 6 to 12 range.  Wish I had found this forum sooner, as I am learning my Doc and the sleep techs I dealt with don't know as much as i thought.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking good. It appears you don't have RERA turned on. Go to the small gray box labeled LL at the bottom of the page and click om the down arrow. There will be a check box for each type of event. RE should be checked. Do you recall what your AHI was in your sleep study and if your diagnosis was mild, moderate, or severe. Just curious. It appears to be well controlled now.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
You have a great machine and a good mask. I started out using an AirFit F20. When the AirFit F30 came out, I got one. I like it much more than the F20. Much more comfortable and not as intimidating. 

Good luck with your therapy.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Melman....Not finding RE in the LL drop down menu.  Checked uodates and I have the latest version of OSCAR.

Think I was classified as moderate.  Wife said I stopped breathing often.

Thanks for then input.  Much appreciated.

Thanks Big Guy.  I'm enjoying the new machine and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not 100% sure of this but I believe that if you have not had an event (which ever one) it does not show the event.  If I'm wrong someone will correct me.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks staceyburke ........
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,146 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 555 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 447 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.