Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night of data and seeking help
RE: First night of data and seeking help
your sleep test shows 45% of the time in undefined movement. you said previous sleep tests indicated severe plmd. your charts are surprisingly good considering those conditions. pap won't help with movement. medication might.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried the P10, but it seems to move around easily when I move around. I have also tried the Swift FX, which seems to move less than the P10, but the exit port sound wakes me up. I tried the Phillips Dreamwear mask last night, and, while comfortable, I woke up at least 4 times from it moving.

I've been trying to sleep on my back to see if I get less movement, but it still seems to persist.

I'm going to go back to square one and do what you guys suggest in trying all the different pillow sizes. I am even thinking of trying the Bleep mask, even though cost is a little bit prohibitive.

(09-20-2020, 09:22 PM)sheepless Wrote: your sleep test shows 45% of the time in undefined movement.  you said previous sleep tests indicated severe plmd.  your charts are surprisingly good considering those conditions.  pap won't help with movement.  medication might.

I only slept about half the time show in the sleep study so I'm guessing that most of the time moving was when I was awake and tossing around?  My wife says I barely move with the CPAP on, while I constantly moved around she says before treatment.

I just purchased a night vision camera to try to monitor those events.
Post Reply Post Reply
my wife says the same. I don't (wildly) thrash in the struggle to breathe anymore. but I continue to have plm that's much subtler. I can see the plm in my flow rate almost every night but she notices only about once in a couple months when she happens to be awake at the right time.

just sayin': if our numbers are acceptable and we're not feeling as well as we'd like, we have to look beyond pap. in your case, there are pretty strong indications plm is a factor. it'll be interesting to hear what you learn from video.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2020, 09:03 AM)sheepless Wrote: my wife says the same. I don't (wildly) thrash in the struggle to breathe anymore. but I continue to have plm that's much subtler. I can see the plm in my flow rate almost every night but she notices only about once in a couple months when she happens to be awake at the right time.

just sayin': if our numbers are acceptable and we're not feeling as well as we'd like, we have to look beyond pap. in your case, there are pretty strong indications plm is a factor. it'll be interesting to hear what you learn from video.

Thanks for that info.  How does it show up on the flow rate?
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, do you take anything for it?  I tried trials of several different medications, and the side effects were unbearable and didn't seem to make a difference.  If there was something that made a difference, I think I'd grow to tolerate the side effects.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've posted screenshots in various threads. someday I'll learn to use links. meanwhile, try post #22 in the sheepless thread called periodic limb movement currently on the 1st page of this forum.

treatment seems to involve a lot of trial & error. some need supplements for deficiencies, others use various prescription meds. I don't have the deficiencies do I haven't tried supplements. I've tried gabapentin & now on ropinirole. the latter helps me quite a bit but not 100%. I hope to get my doc to let me try other meds hoping for a better outcome. you can find references to other meds people use by searching the site for plm.

edit to follow SDave's directions to add a link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid354023
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless, if you mean links to previous posts and are on a Windows PC, go to the post you want to link to, right click the post number at top right of the post then click copy link address, go to other post where you want the link to appear, then do CTRL V and that pastes the link from the other location. You can get fancy where you can "Insert a Link" the 6th icon from the Right above the text box. You then would paste the link's URL and OK that, then type in the words to display and OK that.

I'll add samples of copy/paste to your post right above this in plain and then "fancy". In my example of fancy, I highlighted the words in the sentence and then directly went to insert a link to create it as seen.

plain equals http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid367362

Fancy or custom link wording equals this sentence.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
easy peasy. edited #26 to include a link. thanks Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the advise and reading on PLMD.  I am likely going to request a traditional sleep study when I have my follow-up in a month or so. 

I wanted to see if anyone had any insight into the changes of the last 2 nights.  I am wearing a cervical collar now and wore it on both days.  Why is the AHI higher last night?  Also, is it possible that I felt much better 2 nights ago when it was 0.91 versus last night when it was 2.01 or is this just in my head?

I finally found a mask that I can reasonably tolerate, the Resmed N30i, and that is what I used the past 2 nights.

Thanks guys!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 301 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,376 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 193 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Seeking Advice/Help reddie 6 389 01-24-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Hank68 Treatment Thread - Seeking Help and Support Please! Hank68 20 1,099 01-07-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Hank68

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.