Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night of data and seeking help
RE: First night of data and seeking help
ahi will vary from night to night, esp. ca. if you're having plm, it'll vary too, along with associated events, flow limitations & leaks. how you feel probably isn't in your head & may or may not have anything to do with ahi. under 3 is good so I'd suspect something other than apnea influencing how you feel, but that's just a guess. hopefully others will chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
By data alone, either night's numbers are within the acceptable range. Each night's numbers will probably vary somewhat. I would think it would be extremely difficult to repeat the data nightly. You are now looking for staying in the acceptable areas on the numbers, and staying comfortable is the priority. Zeros on these data points are not required, but repeatable restful sleeping is the goal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on the following data, would anyone try a fixed pressure of 11 with an EPR of 3? 

I know the numbers look good, but I still don't feel anything different.  I may even feel worse.  I know it takes time so I definitely won't ever give up!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think mask leaks may be a distraction? Most of your numbers & charts look pretty good. Is there any way you can describe the issue? Just a feeling of not rested? I do think you may consider dropping the high of 18 down if you want, in light of you thinking you'd rather have straight pressure. This chart shows you didn't get to 12 as a Max, the highest was 10.92.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EmaNTD,

I would not move to fixed presssure at the moment but I would raise you mininmum pressure up a bit to 10 and see how that goes it will give your machine a headstart on the OA's
Post Reply Post Reply
"I know the numbers look good, but I still don't feel anything different.  I may even feel worse."

I'll say it once more & quit. the spikey hairbrushy flow is indictive of arousals & movement. you had movement during 45% of your sleep study time. you said you've been told you have had severe plmd. you've said you have rls at bedtime, which for me almost always becomes plm in sleep (which I can see in my flow rate). your doc may not be concerned about it but you're the one potentially suffering the deleterious effects of movement on sleep. if you're not feeling up to par with reasonably decent pap therapy, it's time to address other problems & plmd is an obvious target.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 22 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 302 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,383 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Seeking Advice/Help reddie 6 393 01-24-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.