Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night on autopap (central apneas)
RE: First night on autopap (central apneas)
Had a bad night last night.

Pressure 8.5
Leak 25L/min
AHI 6.7
Total AI 5.6
Central AI 5.3

Could the mask leak be causing centrals? Could they not really be centrals? What about anxiety/panic? Gerd? Mouth breathing?

I remember waking up many times last night with the mask leaking. I have a nasal pillow mask coming in the mail soon so I will try that but trying to figure this out. Your thoughts?

Also, I will increase my starting pressure. So it's at 5 now with 4 ramp. What should I go to? Thx.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a very high leak rate, and it's going to be very hard for the machine to distinguish apnea type with that interference. I'm looking forward to you having a different mask, and your minimum pressure of 5, with a ramp at 4 just seems unhelpful

Trying to interpret your treatment from your on-screen readout is far from ideal. Please try to obtain or borrow a PC or Mac and I think this will make things a lot easier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 02:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That is a very high leak rate, and it's going to be very hard for the machine to distinguish apnea type with that interference. I'm looking forward to you having a different mask, and your minimum pressure of 5, with a ramp at 4 just seems unhelpful

Trying to interpret your treatment from your on-screen readout is far from ideal. Please try to obtain or borrow a PC or Mac and I think this will make things a lot easier.
Yea, I feel terrible today. 

I'm going to find my mac and install sleepyhead and then upload the data this evening hopefully so you guys can give your take.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my computer but there's no SD card in the unit. Ahhhh. I assume I have to buy one then and then all the data from the past week, etc. will get transferred to it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 02:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That is a very high leak rate, and it's going to be very hard for the machine to distinguish apnea type with that interference. I'm looking forward to you having a different mask, and your minimum pressure of 5, with a ramp at 4 just seems unhelpful

Yea, I feel terrible today. 

I'm going to find my mac and install sleepyhead and then upload the data this evening hopefully so you guys can give your take.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 09:46 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: I got my computer but there's no SD card in the unit. Ahhhh. I assume I have to buy one then and then all the data from the past week, etc. will get transferred to it?

I don't quite understand.  The SD card should be behind the door in the upper left front side of the CPAP.  Do you have a SD reader in the computer, or do you need to get a drive or was the card not in the CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 09:55 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 09:46 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: I got my computer but there's no SD card in the unit. Ahhhh. I assume I have to buy one then and then all the data from the past week, etc. will get transferred to it?

I don't quite understand.  The SD card should be behind the door in the upper left front side of the CPAP.  Do you have a SD reader in the computer, or do you need to get a drive or was the card not in the CPAP?

There's no SD card when I open the door on the cpap. Were they supposed to supply it?
Post Reply Post Reply
It comes with the machine. Some suppliers remove it from the package with the manuals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is rented and wasn't new in box. I just checked the bag it came in and all the pouches, etc. No SD unfortunately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that explains it. I'm sure the supplier does not want to risk you might recover data from a prior patient. Any 2-16 GB SD card will work. Some people have event removed one from a camera.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,512 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 211 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 263 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.