Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night on autopap (central apneas)
RE: First night on autopap (central apneas)
(02-22-2017, 04:35 PM)tiredDogs Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:06 PM)JohnnyGobbs Wrote: It seems the obstructives have disappeared completely since you guys recommended the 6 min pressure. I will keep the epr at 1 and see how that goes for the centrals. My leak was 16ml last night with nasal pillows which I thought was odd since it was 1ml the night before. I could've been sleeping face down or something and tilted the mask I guess.

I feel pretty good. I have depression/anxiety/etc, not sure if caused by apnea or life. So not sure what exactly is caused from sleep apnea or life/stress/anxiety but treating the sleep apnea certainly can't hurt the cause. I definitely have felt groggier when waking up before the cpap therapy though so that's a good sign so far.

I think your centrals are pretty low, and some centrals are common. This might be useful: my centrals worsen with increased anxiety. Doesn't mean they go away for me when I'm relaxed, but it does make things worse when anxiety gets high. One of the things I try to avoid is researching sleep apnea late in the evening because it often creates some anxiety for me given that I'm still not being effectively treated, although I'm confident I will get there. Our mindset definitively influences outcomes.
Well said thx.

I actually took an Ativan tonight (after doing 30 minutes of cardio) so im curious what part that will play on tomorrow's results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night... (ativan, evening exercise and epr 1).
Pretty serious leak on my p10 last night.

http://imgur.com/a/RLMEs (also I'm doing [ img ]link[ /img ] and can't get the image to come up in the thread ;(

[Image: RLMEs]
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked for me.  Make sure that there aren't any spaces and the image name has an extension. In this case it is a ".png".

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VGMmr75.png[/img]  

[Image: VGMmr75.png]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Johnny, if you look at the menu bar on responses, in the center is an icon that is a blue square with circle at the bottom, and when the cursor hovers over it "insert an image" appears in text.  Just click that and insert the image URL in the menu.

Your results still look great!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night... should I try epr 0?

http://imgur.com/a/xHFfF

[Image: xHFfF]
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I know how to embed images but it's not working here. I clicked insert image and pasted the link and I get a question mark when I preview or post. I also did this (see pic attached). This is getting really annoying.

http://imgur.com/hArw3Fh
Post Reply Post Reply
Johnny, let's just get this out of the way. Try fixed pressure 8.0 cm with no EPR. You can do this in CPAP mode or by setting the minimum and maximum pressure the same in auto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2017, 11:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Johnny, let's just get this out of the way.  Try fixed pressure 8.0 cm with no EPR.  You can do this in CPAP mode or by setting the minimum and maximum pressure the same in auto.
Sleeprider, here is the fixed pressure numbers.

[Image: JtHXM]

[Image: JtHXM.png]

http://imgur.com/a/JtHXM

ps:embedding images still doesn't work for me Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't seems to find a pattern yet though for keeping one setting. for instance, here's Sunday night in apap mode after alcohol. Looks pretty good right?  http://imgur.com/a/Uo0sV
Post Reply Post Reply
Now here's Monday night sleeping at a different location with no xanax or alcohol. I felt terrible that day. Lots of anxiety and on edge. Look at all those centrals! I remembered waking up a lot to the high pressure blowing my mouth open and then halfway through the night, I switched the pressure to fixed 8.

http://imgur.com/a/nQWdh

So yea, I haven't really found a pattern yet for the perfect setting in my eyes. What do you guys think?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 588 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,519 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,400 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 306 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.