Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night on the APAP
First night on the APAP
Well last night was the first night using the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset. It took some getting used to and I lowered the pressure to 7-12 to start with. For everyone reading this I bought this APAP by myself, I don't have health insurance but was told by several people along with me tired throughout the day, snoring and people said I stop breathing when I'm asleep. Any tips of information would be great.

What do you guys read or think?

Ok I don't know why it's not letting me post images. Says I need 4 posts to post images and I have 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night on the APAP
[Image: jP4kxU4.jpg]

[Image: aMKoLxB.jpg]

[Image: MSz5uMW.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually looks pretty good for just starting out. Just remember that one day does not make a trend.
Stick with this for a week and see how it looks.

The graphs look great, but next time leave the calendar off. That will show more of the statistics on the left side. Also, the only graphs we need to see initially are: events, pressure, flow rate, leak rate and snores.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd leave the setting where they are too and just clean up the sheepyhead layout for next time. Who ever gave them to you were pretty close, were you titrated on a cpap?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Really outstanding results. On your Sleepyhead charts, click on the triangle in the date line to shrink the monthly calendar, and turn off that right-side pane in the View menu. For most screenshots, you don't need to zoom in on a short period unless there is something you specifically want to show. Looks great and no changes needed based on this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2017, 02:03 PM)ajack Wrote: I'd leave the setting where they are too and just clean up the sheepyhead layout for next time. Who ever gave them to you were pretty close, were you titrated on a cpap?

I just did a little research and saw a post where a guy said leave it at 10 and people would see results. I was not. I just felt like crap every day, people said I snored so loud, and the girlfriend said it seemed like I was gasping for air so many times an hour. I currently set the settings there with EPR at 3 to relieve the pressure of exhaling.

(12-29-2017, 02:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Really outstanding results. On your Sleepyhead charts, click on the triangle in the date line to shrink the monthly calendar, and turn off that right-side pane in the View menu. For most screenshots, you don't need to zoom in on a short period unless there is something you specifically want to show. Looks great and no changes needed based on this.

I will do that and keep the results coming. I do feel a little better today. I wasn't sure how to capture the image so I just did a Print Screen and pasted it into paint. Is there a better way of doing this?
Post Reply Post Reply
The full method for screenshots is in the first link in my signature. Sleepyhead will automatically take a screenshot if you just press the F12 key. The file is saved in your Documents/Sleepyhead/Screenshots folder. High resolution and easy to do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks as if you are doing fine, see how you feel n a few days.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-29-2017, 03:19 PM)unknownskies Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 02:03 PM)ajack Wrote: I'd leave the setting where they are too and just clean up the sheepyhead layout for next time. Who ever gave them to you were pretty close, were you titrated on a cpap?

I just did a little research and saw a post where a guy said leave it at 10 and people would see results. I was not. I just felt like crap every day, people said I snored so loud, and the girlfriend said it seemed like I was gasping for air so many times an hour. I currently set the settings there with EPR at 3 to relieve the pressure of exhaling.

(12-29-2017, 02:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Really outstanding results.  On your Sleepyhead charts, click on the triangle in the date line to shrink the monthly calendar, and turn off that right-side pane in the View menu.  For most screenshots, you don't need to zoom in on a short period unless there is something you specifically want to show.  Looks great and no changes needed based on this.

I will do that and keep the results coming. I do feel a little better today. I wasn't sure how to capture the image so I just did a Print Screen and pasted it into paint. Is there a better way of doing this?

Do this on Sleepyhead: F11 to do full page then F12 to copy the screen and finally F11 again to back out of full screen.
Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi unknownskies,
It seems like you are oft to a good start, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,275 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 180 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 144 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 234 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 952 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 656 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 147 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.