Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night results - Auto titrating
First night results - Auto titrating
Ok, the results of my HST came in with an AHI of 31. I purchased an Airsense 10 auto with P10 mask and the machine is set to a range of 4 to 20 (per the prescription).

As an experiment, I slept on my back, something I haven't done in years (probably decades) unless I've had quite a bit too much to drink and fell asleep on my back before rolling over. When that happens, I wake up with a sore and dry throat from what clearly is a night of loud snoring. In large part I never sleep on my back because I will wake my self up with snoring/gasping all night long (when on my back).

Last night, I slept on my back for 10 hours, minus a short break where I got up to put the dogs out and brush my teeth. I had laid down with the mask on to test it out after taking a shower, and fell asleep for a bit. I should also add that I cannot remember the last time I slept ten hours in any position. Typically, I sleep 6-7 hours, even on the weekends if I don't need to set an alarm to get up for work I will typically wake up after 6-7 hours.

Here is graph from the first night. I'm not really sure how to interpret them. I only posted the graphs (so it would be one image) that I thought were most important. The biggest issue seems to be the major leaks. I did wake up a few times in the night with my mouth full of air or breathing through my mouth. I remember it happening 3 or 4 times.

Ok, strike that. It won't let me post the image, probably because I only have one post. So, I'll paste in the stats from the details tab.

It shows an AHI of 1.89

Large Leak 5.59%
Clear Airway 0.40
Obstructive 0.90
Unclassified Apnea 0.00
Hypopnea 0.60
RERA 0.20

PressureTherapy Pressure (cmH2O)
W-Avg: 8.68 4.04 8.70 11.88 13.26
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH2O)
W-Avg: 7.74 4.02 7.72 10.88 12.26
Minute Vent.Amount of air displaced per minute (L/min)
W-Avg: 6.67 0.00 6.50 9.38 18.50
Resp. RateRate of breaths per minute (Breaths/min)
W-Avg: 20.54 0.00 20.20 26.80 44.20
Flow Limit.Graph showing severity of flow limitations (Severity (0-1))
W-Avg: 0.02 0.00 0.00 0.13 0.74
Leak RateRate of detected mask leakage (L/min)
W-Avg: 8.50 0.00 6.00 26.40 46.80
SnoreGraph displaying snore volume (?)
W-Avg: 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 3.58
Insp. TimeTime taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 1.54 0.12 1.48 2.28 11.68
Exp. TimeTime taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 1.50 0.12 1.46 2.06 5.10
Tidal VolumeAmount of air displaced per breath (ml)
W-Avg: 327.70 0.00 320.00 460.00 920.00

Total time in apnea 00:03:41
Time over leak redline 5.588%

It would seem like things went well, with the possible exception of the large leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night results - Auto titrating
Pretty good for first night. Yes, the large leak should be addressed. But still good.
If you would kindly fill in your profile with your machine type and settings; see "control Panel" above.

And, here's the deal on attachments and links:
New Members can add attachments to their posts right away (image files, PDF documents, Word Documents, etc). But, New Member attachments are limited to files that are no larger than 200 kilobytes. (This probably got you!)
New members cannot post outside web links or embedded image links. If they wish to post screenshot images (for instance, SleepyHead screen captures), they must use the attachment feature, not the "link feature" nor the "insert image" feature.

When you have 8 posts, the restrictions are eased:
see here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-explained

And, Paula's how to, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-How-to-HOW-DO-I

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 11:51 AM)justMongo Wrote: Pretty good for first night. Yes, the large leak should be addressed. But still good.
If you would kindly fill in your profile with your machine type and settings; see "control Panel" above.

And, here's the deal on attachments and links:
New Members can add attachments to their posts right away (image files, PDF documents, Word Documents, etc). But, New Member attachments are limited to files that are no larger than 200 kilobytes. (This probably got you!)
New members cannot post outside web links or embedded image links. If they wish to post screenshot images (for instance, SleepyHead screen captures), they must use the attachment feature, not the "link feature" nor the "insert image" feature.

Thanks and I'll fill in the profile. When I registered, I didn't have that info yet.

Yes, the image was 330kb, and then I tried uploading it to a site of mine, and inserting it with IMG tags, and it then gave me the outside links error. I'll see about shrinking it a bit and try again.

lol, now it won't let me quote your post because of the links. Let me edit your quote and try again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I used windows snipping tool. When I used Sleepyheads screen shot, it created one under 200kb, so let's try the upload again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I found a past link to Resmed Rescan software, but it didn't seem to work. Is there any advantage to using both Rescan and Sleepyhead? Does Rescan provide anything else? Trying to decide if I should try and track it down.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2016, 12:18 PM)jhtrazor Wrote: Also, I found a past link to Resmed Rescan software, but it didn't seem to work. Is there any advantage to using both Rescan and Sleepyhead? Does Rescan provide anything else? Trying to decide if I should try and track it down.

I find sH easier to use. Some people have reported that their doctors are more familiar with Rescan since it's intended use is for doctors to monitor and adjust your treatment. Rescan can adjust the some settings in our device remotely other than that I think SH is better for me.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
jhtrazor: You see that large leak just after 02:00. Likely a mouth leak.
Might need a chin strap for the P10 -- it's sort of like a curb chain for a horse's bridal.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhtrazor,
It’s great to hear that you got your machine and slept so well for your first night.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Trade you your first night sleeping with the one I had. Sure looks like you needed CPAP and it is sure working for you. As said focus on the leaks for now and don't be surprised if/when the next thing on the list moves up to the top position. When you get the large things fixed the small ones raise their hands
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered a chin strap on Amazon, which will be here in a few days. I guess that's what I need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 588 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,178 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.