Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night results aircurve 10 ASV
First night results aircurve 10 ASV
My first night of in home treatment period. AHI 73, lowest Oxy desat 51% (apparently from the HST prior to lab)

Nice long REM in the early morning.. some mask fiddling and a surprising number of UA's.. which look to me like centrals.. what do you think?

I'm hoping that as I get more sleep, these will start to dissappear..  They cluster just before I wake up and go pee..  not sure what is cause and effect oon that though..  Maybe I stop breathing when my bladder gets full, hoping it goes away.. Or maybe the pain of not breathing for a whole minute takes my mind off of my bladder?  lol..

bte - before xPAP and just using a finger SpO2 - I'd spend most of the night with long breathing pauses.. So this is improved..

What seriously sucks is that I cant post a picture until I have four posts - really?  It's 2017, not 1997..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night results aircurve 10 ASV
post 2

post 3

post 4
Post Reply Post Reply
Add a space   http:// xxx.png

Now I may have to shoot you ;-)

The new user delay is to prevent spam.  Posting data is ok.

oh, and welcome to the forum.

The AHI of 73 for in home with a CPAP is extremely high.  Untreated without the use of a CPAP (on a sleep test) is considered severe.

Please organize your data and post and I'm sure we can help you sort it all out.

Note the links in my signature, they contain a lot of information i'm sure you will want to know.  and don't hesitate to ask questions here.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
cant post links either..

yeah.. severe..

my fourth post maybe?  lol.. up to three with the last one.
Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been doing Internet stuff since the 80's..  This type of board brings back memories..

The style which DPreview uses is pretty good..

This concept of image servers - so arcane..
Post Reply Post Reply
don't use links yet, just post the text for the link
Post Reply Post Reply
imgur.com/a/fbuX4
Post Reply Post Reply
A nice detail shot I'll let some of our ASV experts comment on.
Could you also post the full nights charts.

And you should also be able to post the links now.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2017, 03:35 PM)mike.winslow Wrote: imgur.com/a/fbuX4

[Image: NkJbAwc.jpg]

The tutorial for organizing a Sleepyhead shot is in the first two links in my signature.  It would be better to see the detail screen showing the Details tab rather than the events.  This is pretty damn awful.  You are using an EPAP about 12, and it appears to be in fixed mode. You also seem to have pressure support of up to 10. ou don't appear to be using ASV auto mode and more information about your settings would be available if you post the Details tab. You can see that during the apneas your machine provides the full pressure support to try to initiate a breath with no response from you. The machine is working correctly and up to the limits of the settings.  My best guess is that the apnea we are seeing in this sequence may be obstructive. 

I will suggest using a soft cervical collar to limit the possibility that you are getting your head and neck out of alignment and causing an obstructed airway (chin tucking and other positions will do this).  Note in the chart flow graph, those are recovery breaths with huge volume following the long OA. As you spontaneously breath, the ASV provides much less pressure support, but as you again start an apnea the PS has no effect. I'd like to learn more about your settings so we can be sure you have sufficient pressure support to overcome central apnea when it occurs, but we need to deal with the unresponsive obstructive apnea that this appears to be. I think a soft cervical collar may solve much of your problem, but I'd like to get you on ASV Auto mode so EPAP pressure can increase as needed to prevent this.

Any information about your diagnosis, trials on CPAP and ASV titration would be helpful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"The tutorial for organizing a Sleepyhead shot is in the first two links in my signature.  "

I saw that.

I shared this image showing a sample of the remaining UAs.. It would have carried better meaning if it was directly associated with the text of the OP.. flow rate is zero'ish..

Seems remarkable to me that these dont categorize as clear air events, but are pretty clearly central apneas..  That i can repeatedly not breathe for a minute or so repeatedly is beyond me.. I apparently can do this asleep, but not awake..

The Oximeter for a similar period looks a little like this - from before I got the machine..
http:// imgur.com/a/fbuX4
Yes, I'm using the machine right, no, it isnt broke, and no, these arent artifacts..  After several of these minute long CSV's the SpO2 indeed does this.

6 posts and still telling me about 4... maybe tomorrow, I'll graduate to being able to embed an image..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 4 78 4 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,356 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 397 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 194 04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 993 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 152 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.