Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with Auto on
First night with Auto on
Per some previous advice, i turned auto on last night.   It was previous set at 12, so i set the range at 12-16.  Seemed to have better results than the previous nights (which were around 7 ahi)  

My charts are here:     http://imgur.com/a/xa7OC

Any insight would be appreciated and thanks for everything you guys do!   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with Auto on
Welcome to the forum.

Your chart indicates a need to increase your min pressure so I suggest increasing the min pressure to 13cm
Post Reply Post Reply
During my sleep study, i was diagnosed at 25 AHI.  With the CPAP (over the past week, which is how long ive had it), i range between 4 and 8. I would have assumed, due to the massive drop in events, I would feel different, but I wouldn't say I feel any better than before i started treatment.  

How long does it take before I will feel like I have ENERGY again?  I am sure this is a "it depends" question, but just got to get it out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a very individual thing,  When I started I had an AHI of 90 and was put on a fixed pressure of 18cm (The max via a thumbscrew adjustment on an F&P, absolutely no data.  I fought to get that machine as quick as I could because I felt so much better walking out of my titration study.  Read my story in New to CPAP – The Process.
I was lucky, it can take several months to notice/feel a difference.  Ask yourself how long have you had apnea?  Odds are it has been many years.  Your body doesn't recover overnight.

Therapy is in 2 phases, the first is getting your numbers under control.  You are almost there.
The second is very subjective but VERY important,  How do you feel?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
plight,
Your body may still be getting used to wearing additional stuff as well as the pressure.  This can interfere with getting a restful sleep initially.  Our bodies will adapt over time to a change in our sleeping environment, just give it time.  Each person will respond at a different rate.  

Your profile is confusing by stating that "you are not using software SleepyHead".     In order to help, we need to see your sleep data.   If your Dreamstation is a DSX400 or higher, then #SleepyHead is compatible with it.  You post count is high enough to allow for the posting of links.   Please review the Posting SleepyHead Charts in 5 Easy Steps to help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2017, 09:01 AM)plight Wrote: How long does it take before I will feel like I have ENERGY again?  I am sure this is a "it depends" question, but just got to get it out there.

Well..."it depends".   Bigwink  

Everyone is different in how they feel.  But, you say your ahi still >5 so still having apnea issues.  Might be why you still feel tired.

You changed to auto with a range of 12-16.  Unless I'm looking at something wrong your 95% pressure says 16 but that doesn't correlate with the pressure flow graph.  I'm going to assume your 95% pressure is 16.  If this is the case then you should increase the range to 20.  you can always turn the "opti-start" feature on to start at a higher pressure if needed without increasing the bottom number.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape,
Apologies. I fixed my profile, didnt know I had both checked. I am using Sleepyhead and posted my charts from last night in the first post in this thread.
Thanks for that posting charts link, will follow that going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been on CPAP for 10 years now.  The clinicians set me up on a resumed s8 CPAP at first.  I had nasal pillows at first and still never felt any better.  My AHI's were still 5-15.  I realized I was a mouth breather so went to a full face.  This helped some.  After much research and learning about machines and my condition I had fought to get on an Auto.  This was the smartest thing I had ever done.  I also found out I knew more about apnea and my condition than most of the Physicians.  My next investment was a resmed s9 auto set.  Hugh improvement!  Once I got my pressure set right on my own I was usually under 1 AHI and had felt much better.  So to answer your question I never felt any better until my AHI's dropped down to around 1.  Also take charge of your condition.  Get the right mask and the right machine.  All you need is your prescription for an auto.  You can order your machine from places like Second Wind.  It makes no sense to me that they prescribe cpap and not  autos.  These machines can be ran in either mode. Why would you not want a machine that can ramp up to a higher pressure if needed? Usually it stays at a constant until it needs more pressure to defeat a stubborn event.
Post Reply Post Reply
It will help if you keep your posts in the same thread. so stick to this one.
I agree that you need more min pressure and lift the max to 18 or 20 for now. Try 13 and see if that's enough.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last nights chart with the min moved up to 13 from 12 on auto.  Also, the leaks are happening despite the chin strap, my lips are slightly opening just enough to the point where i wake up to the odd sound of the escaping air through my mouth.

[Image: d6WKraW.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 633 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 625 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,083 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 922 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,129 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,374 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.