Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts?
Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts?
Was looking at some websites that charge around $80 to $100 to issue a new Rx if you have already been diagnosed and prescribed cpap previously.

I don't think I can link here, but if you google search cpap renew prescription online you will find several such websites. Judging from the order process, it looks like they are pretty much prepared to rubber stamp whatever the customer asks for.

Wondering if anyone has worked with any such websites before and what was your experience. I would not mind a hassle free upgrade to an ASV.

Any thoughts or insights on these websites appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts?
I'm sure they can issue a legitimate prescription that allows you to purchase equipment, however, their diagnostic process probably won't suffice for insurance reimbursement. The business model is probably similar to the clinics and doctors that prescribe and in some cases dispense ED drugs. If someone has a health complaint where the known best therapy has no significant health impacts or regulatory concerns like more invasive therapy or opiate drugs, someone can fill that need with little or no risks. The clients get what they are asking for and respond to enough questions to demonstrate the likelihood the patient will benefit from the requested therapy and is of age and in good enough health to receive it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Online Sleep Doctors--Easy Rx (renewal/upgrade)? Scam? Thoughts?
Thanks!

Yeah, the websites say health insurance won't cover the equipment based on their Rx. And I figured given the cpap machines are pretty harmless, it's just an easy & convenient way for the uninsured, so probably legit. But figured it couldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion, so to speak, before forking out $100.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,745 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 107 8,043 01-24-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,506 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,567 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.