Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with OSCAR, what does it mean?
First night with OSCAR, what does it mean?
Today I got my much awaited SD card reader and I saw my own data in Oscar for the first time!

My interpretation  of the data shows I don't have a serious sleep apnea problem although I could very obviously be incorrect.

I notice 1/3 of the events happened after I woke up in the morning! And, I'm not sure why the leak rate shows zero most of the time-the vent holes on my mask would have to be 100 percent plugged up to make that happen. And, I have some terms to look up in the glossary.

Would appreciate some comments from the membership regarding what the graphs actually show.

TIA

W1ABA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with OSCAR, what does it mean?
You certainly don’t have a severe apnea problem, but do yourself a favor and turn on EPR. It appears you are using a limited auto pressure from 11.0 to 12.2. I’d recommend you add EPR full time at 3 and perhaps open up the pressure range from 9.0 to 14.0. The EPR will make you much more comfortable and will reduce flow limitation. Try it you’ll like it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepriders suggestions should help with the flow limits and improve your comfort with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, based on my first look at the data, I already changed the pressure with a range of 9 to 13!! And, I changed the Antibacterial Filter setting in the CPAP. I can't take to much stock in a single nights worth of data, so time will tell.

I'm not sure about the EPR change, I had a recent experience with a hospital supplied CPAP and they refused to disable the EPR or even share the settings with me. But, I'll try it sometime soon.

TY all.

W1ABA
Post Reply Post Reply
I just zoomed in on the 3 to 3:15 AM data. It is very telling I think. During this period I had 9 events, more than a third of them happened during those 13 minutes. I posted the zoomed screen capture. To me, it looks very much like I might have woken up (arousal), suspicious since I had just gotten to sleep 30 minutes earlier.

I should note that I live in severe Gout pain and have long suspected that I wake during my sleep due to the pain. At times I wake up screaming from trying to roll over, so I do know that pain can awaken me. Yesterday the pain was very severe.

I also moved the AHI graph so it could be seen on the same time axis as the flow rate. And, the zoomed in data looks a lot like the data I get when I am fully awake. I'm wondering if I might have fallen asleep, but woke up a little later....but with no memory of the awakening in the morning when I got up for the day.

Is this possible or a reasonable hypothesis?

W1ABA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Do not change the antibacterial filter setting

The antibacterial setting should be off, unless you have a special Resmed Antibacterial Filter between your machine and mask. Turing the setting on will adversely affect the machine pressures
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  First night results from Oscar BobFromAccounting 7 396 02-10-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: glenncol
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 414 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
Question Help interpreting Oscar date from first night Keicereal 2 347 12-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.