Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with a climateline hose
First night with a climateline hose
Used a climate line hose for the first time Friday night. Left the S9 on auto. I did notice the air seemed warmer. Also used much more water then my regular hose. I lowered the temp to 70 for Saturday night and I think I like it better than the default of 80. Other than those two observations, I slept very well. Anyone know if it's ok to use a cover with a "heated" hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with a climateline hose
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that question, but do others find the heated hose takes up more water? I'm curious since one CPAP session uses about half my tank whereas I've heard others say they can go days without refilling it. I've only ever used the heated hose, so I wouldn't know. I have a non-heated hose but I'm kind of scared to use it since just messing with the settings on my humidifier can clog my airway up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Regular Joe, you shouldn't need to use a cover for a heated hose, only for a non heated hose if condensation occurs.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2013, 11:47 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Anyone know if it's ok to use a cover with a "heated" hose?
From Supplier #1: Tubing Wrap for S9 Series SlimLine Tubing
ResMed indicates this tube wrapping can be used with both the SlimLine and ClimateLine tubing. However, the ClimateLine tubing is longer than the SlimLine tubing by about 7 inches. This tube wrapping fits the SlimLine from end to end. If you use this tube wrapping with the ClimateLine tubing it will not completely cover the length of the tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Regular Joe,
I use a cover over mine, I had one custom made for my ClimateLine hose since the ones from Resmed aren't long enough to cover the hose from end to end. If you have some old worn out socks, you can cut the toes out of then and sew them together if you don't want to purchase one.
Glad you had great success with the new ClimateLine hose, once you got it set up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I did notice the climateline was longer. Wonder if there is a "scientific" reason for this? It's getting colder her in SW Georgia, so I thought the climateline might be more comfortable since we tend to keep the house colder at night in the winter. You know, so we can "snuggle". I like it so far but not ready to say it is an improvement. I do find it uses about twice the amount of water.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi R. Joe,

Yes to the using more water question. When you warm up a parcel of air it can hold more water vapor.
If your throat dries out then getting the air to hold more moisture is a good thing.

#2.
The Climateline hose has a thermostatic sensor ebedded in it so covering it should not be a problem
it just means the thermostat will regulate the power down to compensate for added insulation.
(this will occur anyway if a length of the hose gets a run under the covers)

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2013, 10:38 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Wonder if there is a "scientific" reason for this?

Regular hose is 3' and the Climateline hose is 1 Meter. Like the 24" X 36" poster at JPL said; "Think Metric!"

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2013, 11:47 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: Used a climate line hose for the first time Friday night. Left the S9 on auto. I did notice the air seemed warmer. Also used much more water then my regular hose. I lowered the temp to 70 for Saturday night and I think I like it better than the default of 80. Other than those two observations, I slept very well. Anyone know if it's ok to use a cover with a "heated" hose?

I just used the Climateline for my first time. Lovely! I woke up with no congestion or stuffiness for the first time in months. I had some water left in the tank but my DME wants me to wash it daily in soapy water and refill with new distilled water. I too had mine on 70 degrees. I might try 72 tonight. It is chilly in Vermont.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't wash the tank daily. I just empty it, wipe it out and let it air dry. I clean with soap and water weekly. It does use more water, but it's not a big deal. I like the extra few inches of hose too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.