Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new machine
First night with new machine
My first night with the new machine was not too bad, however it has motivated me to patent a FFM add-on. A little back scratcher about an inch long and an 1/8 inch wide that can be mounted in a sealed hole with the scratching end inside the mask next to the nose. Then you can just reach up and wiggle it in your sleep and scratch you nose.

I had to scratch a few times last night and it does no good to scratch the mask...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night with new machine
Glad you got your new machine.

Ha, I do the same thing with my nasal mask. It's an automatic gesture, then my fingertips are surprised to find the mask there. I usually tell myself "the itch will go away" and it usually does in just a very few seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 09:46 AM)green wings Wrote: Glad you got your new machine.

Ha, I do the same thing with my nasal mask. It's an automatic gesture, then my fingertips are surprised to find the mask there. I usually tell myself "the itch will go away" and it usually does in just a very few seconds.

Yup, that is what I did. Maybe we need another line on Sleepyhead. We have OA and CA, maybe we need an IE (Itch Event) that results in us waking up!
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are quick you can pull the mask forward, scratch and drop the mask back before the machine records a leak, or much of one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 11:33 AM)PoolQ Wrote: If you are quick you can pull the mask forward, scratch and drop the mask back before the machine records a leak, or much of one.

I got caught 6 times last night - Smile

So, I have a $900 itch monitor!

(I expect in a week or so I will learn to not do that)
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad to see you keeping a good attitude and an a sense of humor.
Laugh-a-lotlikeDielaughingCoffee
2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I ignore a period of about 30 minutes around 12:30, my AHI would be around 1.2, however, during that 30 minutes or so I had about 25 OA events - almost 1 per minute. DOn't know what is up with that. I am still trying to figure out what all the wiggles mean.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I found, with a full face mask, that the air blowing in the mask would blow my nose hair around, and trimming it would, 100% of the time, keep my nose from itching.

I'm not even talking 'unsightly' nose hair, or anything, but trimming fixed the itching.

it makes sense, something catches in there, your nose says "itch! scratch" and you get rid of whatever is bothering it... only, in this case, it's air.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2016, 12:36 PM)palerider Wrote: I found, with a full face mask, that the air blowing in the mask would blow my nose hair around, and trimming it would, 100% of the time, keep my nose from itching.

I'm not even talking 'unsightly' nose hair, or anything, but trimming fixed the itching.

it makes sense, something catches in there, your nose says "itch! scratch" and you get rid of whatever is bothering it... only, in this case, it's air.

That is a great suggestion, thank you. I will do that tonight.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FrankNichols,
It’s great to hear that you finally got your machine.
I know what you mean about an itchy nose. I used to have that problem some with nasal masks but it seems like it is worse since I started using the FFM, but I get along with it well enough that I’ll stay with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,273 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] First Night with Machine & Some Questions JoshM6535 4 551 07-13-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 841 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 885 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Second night with my new AVAPS machine Sleepy Willy 0 441 11-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,776 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,299 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.