Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hearing loss caused by my C-pap ?
RE: Hearing loss caused by my C-pap ?
My hearing loss seems to coincides with the same time that I started using the cpap? In two weeks my ENT appointment and will be asking? Thinking-about I really like Cpap  Rolleyes I Will be asking and will repost! Anyway hope I can figure it out and hear again 

Oh I seem to have better hearing in high elevation where I go similar to Mexico City elevation 
So anyone else have same experience  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
xnlife - That sounds like a problem with venting the ears through the Eustachian tubes. The cpap increases the inside pressure, high altitude decreases the pressure. I hope your ENT can sort it out for you.

Best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since CPAP is a lot lower pressure than blowing up a balloon, do you think inflating balloons cause hearing loss? I am betting not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2015, 12:28 AM)Hogman44 Wrote: Hi,new to this site. Looks great. I have been using a C-pap for over 11 years. Been doing great with it, had a couple of pressure adjustments over the years,but it's been working properly.
A question I have now is I seem to be getting a ear problem that has resulted in a loss of hearing and I think it's from the pressure of the machine. It feels like air is pushing out on my left ear .

Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Can a C-pap cause a ear/hearing loss?

I haven't gotten with my doctor on this yet, just asking Around for now.

Thanks
Hi Hogman44

Please see this thread: 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid196843

If you need to swallow, do so after breathing out as it does help stop the ears from popping and aggravating the issue. Some of us may be more sensitive to air pressure. 

Search under "blocked ears" and a couple of threads talking about similar issues will come out.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The other thing I have noticed is when a big storm comes in hearing is worse (big low pressure system) pressure and humming in the ear?
Anyone else have been having this issue  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  weight loss meds with cpap ButtonNoseBarbie 3 220 03-25-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Y no photos of mask-caused "sores" on the www? nelsonka 1 393 12-15-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  High amount of central apnea caused by OSA? LiaASV 32 2,509 12-04-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cervical collar caused more centrals? Xeros 4 1,115 10-31-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  New to Bleep Eclipse and caused a sore Kathy14225 5 1,026 10-31-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Weight Loss and Side Sleeping Therapy - AHI < 0.5 AquaMan 3 743 09-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Major weight loss, still need CPAP? bperella 3 587 09-01-2023, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Old Mike

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.