Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First nights OSCAR data
RE: First nights OSCAR data
[attachment=14021]Day 3 DATA
Post Reply Post Reply
If it was my chart, I'd have min pressure 12, the Med in stats on column and see if that settles a few obstructions. I assume you were awake for the 15min at the end of the night.
There is also wax product for your beard, that is sold for use with cpap. To prevent what I was referring to, if you need a FFM. You will then be able to determine yourself, if there is a difference in the 95% pressure, with your beard and worth continuing to use the product.

this is one
[commercial video link removed - instead, search Google for "cpap beard and mustache seal"]

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
You may benefit from a higher minimum pressure but I still think you should try the cervical collar first.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2019, 09:10 PM)thank you! ajack Wrote: If it was my chart, I'd have min pressure 12, the Med in stats on column and see if that settles a few obstructions. I assume you were awake for the 15min at the end of the night.
There is also wax product for your beard, that is sold for use with cpap. To prevent what I was referring to, if you need a FFM. You will then be able to determine yourself, if there is a difference in the 95% pressure, with your beard and worth continuing to use the product.

ADM. NOTE: Commercial video Removed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-01-2019, 11:17 AM)ajack Wrote: I have trouble with face stubble, the longer it grows the more issues I have with air diffusing through the whiskers. This is simply a fact with me. I shave and the mask seals better. I haven't had a full beard, but would imagine it would be worse. I do use a more sensitive to leak machine though and a large pressure difference. Perhaps that makes it more noticable.

Perhaps. But that is no reason to state that others with a beard will have the experience you "imagine" as you did here ...

(08-01-2019, 08:48 AM)ajack Wrote: A full beard and a full face mask won't work, go for a nasal mask or shave.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14070]
Not awful for a beard down to my chest and a FFM. A couple of large leaks.. probably caused by me being a very active sleeper.. I swim!
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI and flow limitations are really improving! Swim less, leak less? All in all, you’re doing really well. How are you feeling during the day?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 09:20 AM)Dormeo Wrote: AHI and flow limitations are really improving!  Swim less, leak less?  All in all, you’re doing really well. How are you feeling during the day?

Today was the best by far.  
I really never complained to much about feeling tired through the day before. However this morning I felt like I drank a pot of coffee and woke up and couldn’t go back to sleep.  Also slept through the night for the first time in 2 years without getting up to pee.  The fiancé has stayed in bed all week as well. That’s my favorite  thing
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic on all counts!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Adjusting Settings based on Oscar data rygonzo93 4 76 8 hours ago
Last Post: gainerfull
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,287 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 254 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 65 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 112 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - OSCAR Data Flspearfisher 2 387 04-11-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Flspearfisher

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.