Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First nights numbers please explain
First nights numbers please explain
[attachment=1453]This was done in a reclining chair, feet up back about 45 degrees. I have been sleeping better in this chair than in the bed so numbers are probably better than in said bed. Wink
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First nights numbers please explain
Wish my AHI numbers were that low. Coffee

How many hours?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look great Mark, good job.

There's no reason why they won't stay good when you're in bed. Try to elevate the head a little though.

But kicking back in a comfy chair is a good way to get used to the mask and machine.

Good job.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 11:00 AM)AlanE Wrote: Wish my AHI numbers were that low. Coffee

How many hours?

Wife says I am definitely more alive this AM but I do have a new toy so that could be a factor.
Awoke with mouth being pressurized open more than once.
The graphs I find interesting but if I post screen shots will they be readable?

This involved playing with settings based upon how it felt.
I definitely believe in letting "auto" do the driving.

Post Reply Post Reply
Graphs should be okay, the board shrinks the image but they are clickable for full size. In sleepyhead do an F11 then F12 for full screen shot.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 11:09 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Numbers look great Mark, good job.

There's no reason why they won't stay good when you're in bed. Try to elevate the head a little though.

But kicking back in a comfy chair is a good way to get used to the mask and machine.

Good job.

I tend to thrash around in the bed and "sleep" prone frequently. Chair mostly prevents that. And far enough away can't hear Her snoring and snorting. Fitted sheets pulled off the corner at my head..... earbuds cord wrapped twice around my neck Rolleyes
I am going to jack up the head of the bed. Any suggestions how how high? Cat went to heaven last month so no danger of sliding of bed and squishing the cat. The littlest dog likes to chew MY stuff-never hers so I may just stay in the chair.

Well I owe the comfy chair to your previous comments after showing wife an so she bought me a Lazyboy XR+
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 11:27 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I am going to jack up the head of the bed. Any suggestions how how high?

"they" say around 4" to 6" but whatever makes you comfortable.

Post Reply Post Reply
Look good to me. Nice job on the first night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really know how high my head is when laying down. Never really measured it. I do know that when on my back, I could see my toes were I care to look. So there's that. One of my great pleasures in all of this is being able to sleep on my back or on my side. So strive to be able to do both. Makes for much happier hips and backs in the morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
You off to a great start!
Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 110 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 247 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 210 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 602 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.