Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First nights numbers please explain
RE: First nights numbers please explain
Wow. Great numbers.

It's all down hill from here dude. LOL I had to get that out of the way for you before you began to hyper-focus on the last 0.33. Smile.

Best wishes. You are overdue from some restful sleep.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 12:53 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: Wow. Great numbers.

It's all down hill from here dude. LOL I had to get that out of the way for you before you began to hyper-focus on the last 0.33. Smile.

Best wishes. You are overdue from some restful sleep.

Saldus Miegas

Actually I have trouble believing the numbers Oh-jeez as too good to be true. I mean I would like to believe it was all my obsessive er hyperfocus attention to detail but I know that is unlikely.

Edit:
I have been retired for a few years now but past life still effects me. I got paid to worry for other people for more then three decades. I know this is a problem and I am working at letting go.

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Details were neither obsessive nor hyperfocused Mark. You can believe the numbers. When the therapy works, it works! End of story. Well, not necessarily the end, but a great beginning in any case.

As to "worrying" about other people, or even yourself? That's something that isn't really all that practical. Alfred E. Neuman got it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mark, put down the keyboard and go help your wife with whatever she wants you to do. You are here now on therapy. You are getting your life back. Make it worthwhile. (hint: this place is nice, but this is not your life) Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 02:48 PM)trailrider Wrote: Mark, put down the keyboard and go help your wife with whatever she wants you to do. You are here now on therapy. You are getting your life back. Make it worthwhile. (hint: this place is nice, but this is not your life) Smile

Ha!
I was up first and made breakfast for us and some of her grand kids who spent the night. Dishwasher is running as is the laundry machine. I am cleaning up some of my piles. (that never end thanks to ADHD) Wife spent the day with two of her kids (all 4 of her kids are adopted BTW) and her grand kids. And as I type this she is passed out in the lazyboy recliner. :grin:

She is getting her sleep study this in about 12 days.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mark,
Sounds like you are off to a great start. CONGRATULATIONS! on the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers continue to seem improbably low. If something doesn't feel right there is a good chance it isn't right.
I installed both the the Phillips software and SH. Phillips .pdf reports seem to be exactly what I think my PCP will want to see. I would love to have experienced help interpreting . If anyone would be willing to import my SH or Phillips results and talk me thru what I am seeing I would be most grateful. I hope this doesn't seem lazy and I should RTFM (I am but slowly - honey-do list ....).

I am using up the entire humidifier reservoir. Is this normal? If I do not run the humidity high I wake with a very dry throat. I think I experienced a rain out as it cooled last night (64d inside) but wasn't awake enough to really know. I think in my partially aroused state I just pulled the mask opened and dumped the water but really cannot be sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
believe it, Mark... my treated numbers are 99% between 0 and 1. after 5 months I am starting to get more nights > 1 but It appears that is because I am sleeping deeper. I feel better on the days it is > 1 and the respiration pattern is evidence of more and longer REM sleep segments than when the AHI is < 1.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First 2 nights Narcil 0 58 Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Narcil
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 190 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 375 04-16-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 205 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 77 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  30 second apnea with no event recorded - please explain tcinoz 0 75 04-08-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.