Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First nite with Resmed N20
RE: First nite with Resmed N20
(09-06-2017, 02:46 PM)mirkee Wrote: I have been on CPAP for 30 years.  Have never gone through a large number of masks.  I remember a Mirage from years past, which I was happy with, and for the last few years have been using a Fisher and Paykel 504 (540?).  Been happy with it also.

Yesterday I picked up my new CPAP machine, Resmed 10 Autoset.  Very quiet.

I was fitted with an Airfit N20 as they did not have the F20 in my size.  I have some comments on the N20.

I experienced no leaks that I could tell.  Very comfortable mask.  I will download my sleep results as I learn how.  My AHI was 1.? which I guess is pretty good.

I have a problem with the mask, however.  It has a rigid frame which pushes on my cheekbone and left a bruise.  I was a little sore in the AM.  It is now 1 PM and the bruise is still there.  Wondering if the harness itself comes in a larger size as it looks like I have all the straps close to the loosest settings.  My mask is size large and I wonder if the harness is also that size and if so, if they make an extra large.

Trying to decide weather to sleep another night with the N20 or whether to go back to my Fisher and Paykel.

Thank you all!

I hope I understand you question correctly, but the headgear that comes with the "standard" N20 run on the small side (that is too say, will fit a man with medium sized head. The standard size was way too small for me (big head). There is a Large sized head gear option. That's what I needed.

I find the cushions suffer the opposite problem. A large is HUGE! I'm now using a small cushion and a large headgear.

I believe each size cushion may take a different frame. Bummer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Health] 2 yrs w/ Resmed S9 8h/nite great sleep --> since very 1st nite w/ R10, broken sleep dumbfounded 3 1,082 11-30-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: dumbfounded
  Moderate Apnea---Almost No Sleep Each Nite Snorzz 20 3,191 01-19-2018, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First nite Airsense 10 Phatkid77 2 1,071 08-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Melman
  first stats thursday nite jxyzobrien 23 4,785 02-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Treatment] AHI starts very low increases a lot during nite ricknfli 12 2,892 12-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: richb
  [Equipment] Silent Nite and UARS SanditheTortie 12 5,395 09-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Galactus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.