Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First post - I’ve read the whole wiki on OSCAR, looking for help
First post - I’ve read the whole wiki on OSCAR, looking for help
Hello,

I’ve been using a cpap for years now and recently switched to a Resmed Airsense 11 after the Phillips recall.

I started using the Resmed app and looking at my AHI numbers and I feel like they’re kind of high… I’ve attached a screenshot of a chunk of time and you can see it’s quite the range.

I had an appointment with my sleep doctor recently and I brought this up to him and he said the goal is to have my AHI under 10 while using the CPAP which seems high still… also I saw on OSCAR that my pressure is set at a steady 10 which I’m wondering if that’s the default. It seems like this guy doesn’t really get into the details, he just gets you the machine and that’s it. I’m in the process of trying to get into someone else.

Anyways, how low should I expect to be able to get my AHI? Is there any merit to this under 10 thing. Also I’m worried that I may have central sleep apnea. The last sleep study I did seemed like kind of BS, I had this little gizmo I taped to my finger and that’s it.

I’m looking for someone to help me actually use OSCAR to dial in my treatment. The wiki shows me what some stuff looks like which none of my apneas look like but it doesn’t say what to do to try to get your AHI lower. Do I just increase the pressure and see if it helps or hurts? I use a full face so I don’t think leaks are an issue.

I’m just looking for a person(s) to teach me to fish here. I can post my Oscar data if you tell me how I should format it to be most readable. 

Thank you 

Derik

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First post - I’ve read the whole wiki on OSCAR, looking for help
Hi Derik206! - Welcome

You're off to a good start by getting OSCAR and posting here. Use the default Standard view in the Daily screen and take a screenshot of a day that is representative of a (almost) normal day. Use the F12 key (Fn+F12 if on a Mac) to take the screenshot. Then post the image here, so we can see what you are experiencing. For help in posting an image here, please look at the links in my signature.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am alarmed that your doctor says you are 'treated' if your AHI is less than ten. Most doctors look for five or less as adequate treatment. Most people who learn to understand their OSCAR charts can achieve an average AHI below three, and we have members here who will help you read the charts and get comfortable with your CPAP machine.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow Red's directions and "attach" your daily screenshot. We do not need all the charts and if we need more than you post we will ask. The OSCAR program was designed so the default charts provide the most important info. You can restore this view with the menu options View / Reset Graphics / Standard. Using F12 to take the screenshot does some temp formatting for the screenshot.
Ask questions, you will learn more that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2022, 09:57 AM)Gideon Wrote: Follow Red's directions and "attach" your daily screenshot. 

Edit: Disregard I found it. Working on the screenshots now
Post Reply Post Reply
Post 2 from Crimson Nape, AKA Red.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid441220

Medical standard says AHI of 5 is treated. With AHI 10 you get CPAP not declare PAP therapy successful. Unless of course you saw my pulmonary nurse from a few years ago that says Central AHI 20 is just fine. Well keep holding your breath nurse, but I'm not believing that for a nanosecond.

Yes please fire and replace that duck. And welcome to Apnea Board.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've attached a screenshot from the 26th, my AHI was pretty high that night. This last couple of nights have been better. Is this enough for someone to use? I'm happy to provide whatever is needed. Just looking for some guidance on how I can use OSCAR to tune my therapy to get my AHI down.

I've added March 27th because it seems to be saying I had a large leak issue? I don't get how that's possible with me using a full face.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I see that OSCAR claims your model name is CPAP, and I haven't seen that before, What is your model number? It should be on the back label, and near the bottom of the Statistics page. You may even have seen a message saying we haven't seen this model before, and could you send us a zip file of your SD card to verify that we are processing its data correctly.

And, yes, I really would like to have a zip copy of your SD card. From the menu Help->Troubleshooting->Create zip copy of CPAP data card
Please include your forum name in the file name, and upload it to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

Thanks
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just uploaded my zip file to your dropbox. Thank you for taking the time. I use a resmed airsense 11. It shows that on my screen, I'm not sure where you're seeing it say model name CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have not seen an AS11 CPAP, AutoSets yes, thus a copy of your SD card please. We ONLY use these for OSCAR development and testing, they Never go anywhere else
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 687 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,493 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,466 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,028 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.