Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First post- Leaking from mouth, using chin strap
RE: First post- Leaking from mouth, using chin strap
(08-24-2018, 09:33 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I use nasal pillows and even with a very good Chinese made chin strap and a collar I still get a mouth leak, or should I say a leak through the lips.

Discouraging. My chin strap stretches so I have to frequently adjust it. What brand of chin strap are you using?

P.S.  to everyone: The "quote multiple posts" button does not work for me. Not sure why.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First post- Leaking from mouth, using chin strap
I find my ResMed chin strap almost useless, mainly because it's not very secure.  If it had more than one strap going around your head, it might be better.  

But as the others have said, chin straps in general haven't stopped my mouth leak ... air slips through my lips easily, even with the strap tightened to almost vise-like tightness.  What the chin strap IS good for (when it stays on my heads, that is) is stopping my jaw from going slack when wearing a full face mask.  I'm currently using (and not have a lot of success with) a Respironics Amara View full face mask. I found that when my jaw relaxed and my chin dropped, I was getting a ton of leakage around my chin.  The chin strap helps to stop that from happening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 3 112 4 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 4 191 03-16-2024, 07:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 132 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,750 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 143 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 984 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 729 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.