Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First post [how's my bilevel data?]
First post [how's my bilevel data?]
[attachment=8509]Good day all
This is my first post, i believe BIPAP is really helping me and would like to know a bit more about how my graphs look to the pro's
thanking you all for a tremendous and helpful forum.
Best regards 
Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First post
It looks like you have some of your event flags turned off on sleepyhead. Go down to the bottom left corner and make sure all the events are turned to green.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla
Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my graph, hope this one is correct.

[attachment=8514]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Walla
I believe this report from my Dr may also help.

.pdf   BiPAP Motivation Mr Ian Jarman.pdf (Size: 231.64 KB / Downloads: 36)
Post Reply Post Reply
The results shown here are very good, with mostly a couple hypopnea clusters and a couple UA that we generally assume to be obstructive events. We don't have any CPAP data to compare and your diagnosis appears to be predominately obstructive with some CA events noted. That's not a lot to go on. Your AHI is good and suggests efficacy at these settings. The respiratory statistics indicate good tidal volume and normal respiration rates and timing for inspiration and expiration. That leaves us with, how do you feel? Is your inspiration fully supported as long as you need? Is the therapy comfortable? Are you sleeping better? Has daily function and fatigue improved? These subjective metrics are equal in importance to the quantitative data and allow fine tuneing to your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleep rider
Thank you for your input

how do you feel? "Much Better"
Is your inspiration fully supported as long as you need? I had felt it wasn't but I increased Ti max to 2.4, this helped. ti min is at 0.6
Is the therapy comfortable? Also found it was not but after increasing the rise time from min to 250 ms I am sleeping better and not being woken up by the                                                      machine blasting me.
Are you sleeping better? Yes
Has daily function and fatigue improved? Definitely.

I probably need to run these settings for a week to really see how its going as they are recent adjustments, and I had an SD card failure so logging has had to start again.
regards 
Ian
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm impressed, you read between the lines in my comments and have already made the setting changes I would have contemplated. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleep rider
Thank you very much, been reading a lot of posts where you have been incredibly helpful and conscious of our ailments. Greatly appreciated. Will let it run for a few days and let you know how it’s going 
Best regards 
Ian
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,020 Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 90 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 120 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 163 04-15-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,899 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  I got a ResVent 30STA Bilevel TechieHippie 17 542 04-06-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Bilevel settings (and other factors) revisited dfunk 22 1,413 04-02-2024, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.