Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First snow of the year and a bad result!
RE: First snow of the year and a bad result!
Wife sister had an ice scream wedding cake, but I see where you are coming from with the ice scream birthday cake Dave Too-funny 

I am a bit out of sorts today as our clocks went back last night.
I think you are a bit later, but I will be up an hour later than everyone else and not get my six hours sleep tonight, I might get five if I manage to get that.   Rolleyes
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
5 is better than I get now. The back is grumbling a lot lately and I sleep on Mom's slightly padded lift chair recliner. Definitely not built for comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I still manage to sleep in a bed Dave, I couldn't sleep every night in one of those, but then I suppose if I had to I would.
The sleep clinic complained I only slept for two hours once, if only they knew I was fully awake that two hours as well.
I get a lot of leg problems, in fact the doctor said he didn't know anyone with so much skeletal problems for someone my age!
So I have my problems, plus a lot of nerve pain thanks to having to go through a massive Chemo (trial sort of) programme that took seven months out of my life, I am still getting over it yet, but they said I had only a 10% chance at best of surviving.  "How dare they say I will not survive" I thought to myself "I'll show them who is going to survive and I will keep all my limbs as well".
I got through it all at the end of July 2014 and it took me a year before I could get around, but I still struggle with things.  Pain, anxiety, nerve pain causing my legs to move around if not enough drugs to control it, my toes curl over further than I thought possible.  My right arm also flies around if not enough medicine to control it.  But I am still, even though they didn't give me a good outcome, they told me they might have to take off my leg, I told them "If I was going to die I will die with my leg still attached thank-you."
Anyway, enough about me, this forum is not about me, it is about others that require help.

I am beyond help, according the the wife Big Grin
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos on surviving. IMO I'll keep the pain and remain in the land of the living. I'll be getting the spinal ablation (spinal nerve burning) soon.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's been a year and I'm about ready to kick CPAP to the curb drago7579 15 320 04-20-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: drago7579
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 48 3,366 04-19-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,168 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 302 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 176 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,781 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 340 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.