Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First steps ?
RE: First steps ?
It really is nice if you can find a tolerable DME which will let you try on various masks to your contentment. I did that, taking notes on what I did and didn't like, and which sizes worked best for me. Now I know what to order when I feel like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are masks locked in to the machines (manufacturers)? Would someone know if the P10 mask can be used with a Philips Dreamstation machine ?
Post Reply Post Reply
All masks and machines are interchangeable. Any mask will work with any machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Would someone know how important Thermal Tubing can be ? If it matters, I sleep with my aircon on at 24 C, 8 months in a year. I don't know who should/what can make one use thermal tubing.
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated tubing is only a few degrees above ambient. Not enough to heat the air, but enough to prevent condensation forming on the walls of the tube. If you get too much condensation it can flow through the tube and mask, hitting you in the face - this is called rainout. Alternatively it can flow back to the low point in the tube and pond there, causing a bubbling noise. The heated tube pretty much eliminates this problem.

It's many years since I've been to Darwin but I remember it as being extremely humid. Your aircon probably drops the humidity level to an acceptable level so that the heated tube isn't essential. However the additional cost is not a lot and it does provide an added level of protection.

If you decide to go for the heated tube, check that the power supply brick puts out enough wattage. I think all the current machines would be ok but some earlier Philips models required an upgraded power brick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question about 'next steps' - Crummy doctor - CSA maineiac 3 538 07-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Had a Lofta test and need help with next steps possible CA TDogg501 1 494 04-25-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Help Interpreting OSCAR Data and Next Steps cpapish 5 656 01-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: cpapish
  Just had sleep study review and confused about next steps turbopenguin 6 822 10-27-2022, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sanity check on next steps (still tired) TSomm 76 7,013 02-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: TSomm
  [Diagnosis] What should my next steps be? Pet0r 16 1,623 09-29-2020, 02:42 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Suspected UARS - Question Re Next Steps theclient1437 27 3,584 05-06-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: slowriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.