Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time here!
RE: First time here!
Hi,

Yeah it feels like the pressure per say, is not there or very low (I can feel it mostly if I inhale intentionally),but I know it's definitely there because when I lift up the mask away from my nose to adjust and check, the pressure is high and flowing. I guess my point is saying that when the mask is sitting on my nose, there doesn't seem to be anything flowing that is noticeable, but yes you're right maybe that's to do with pressure and therefore normal.

I'm pretty sure the air coming out of the top is also from the outlet vent holes too, for the longest time initially I thought it was leaking. 

I will take a look at the pressure tonight when I feel like it's doing the above. 

Thank you, yeah I feel like it's good aswell. I feel pretty decent only after 3 days or 2 nights. Only thing is that I'm pretty sure it's drying out my nasal area so I'm getting dry skin and red marks on the side of my nose.

Yeah I'm still learning to interpret the data but it does look like it which is a good sign. And as long as the AHI stays ideally below 5,it's good right? My initial study was something like 51.4
Post Reply Post Reply
I might turn up my humidity tonight since I'm experiencing the dryness, or maybe I need to purchase some Vaseline. Any suggestions would be sweet.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the inside of your nose, try Ayr Saline Nasal Gel.  

Also use Flonase for what I used to think were allergies, but is actually non-allergic rhinitis.

Externally, my favorite for dry skin is Neutrogena Hydro Boost.  I like the body gel cream for sensitive and dry skin, but there are various formulations.  

I got significant irritation from the N30i because it was very occlusive to the skin that it rested on.  With the P30i, I tape fabric padding to my upper lip (like a moustache, lol) because I sleep on my back and the lower edges of the prongs were making pressure marks.  Nothing on the sides of my nose, but I don't sleep on my sides.

Yes, APAP is clearly making a big difference for you.  Below 5 is the basic goal, and flow limits below 0.10.  More knowledgeable folks may have further observations and recommendations for optimizing your settings.  The ultimate goal, of course, is feeling refreshed in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning everyone, 

Night 4 with the machine. 

Results

Post Reply Post Reply
I only started getting pressure marks today, think its a bit too tight haha. 

I sleep on my sides more than I do on my back but the headgear seems to be okay..

My flow limit seems to be .21, so we cruising along slowly

I'm amazed that I actually feel somewhat energised in the morning, its great.

I will try some Hydro boost, that'll probably help the dryness - i dont get dry skin often at all, but now a little bit

I appreciate all your responses, hopefully if any adjustments are needed, we can get to them and get better and better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 8 116 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,106 Yesterday, 12:24 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 186 04-18-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 125 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 271 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,976 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.