Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time set-up Resmed Airsense 10 autoset
RE: First time set-up Resmed Airsense 10 autoset
Many thanks to the kind people who offered me assistance. It was appreciated. 
As you will see from the attached I have had my first two attempts at CPAP. 
The first night I tried the machine was not set to Autosense it was on cpap with the pressure set to 10. ( I thought it was set to autosense) I managed to get off to sleep however I woke up after a couple of hrs with a mask leak and an extremely dry throat and mouth. Nasal passage were a little sore the following day. 

Prior the next night I set machine to autosense with low pressure set at 6 and high at 16. Also changed nostril pillars to large as I felt they provided a better seal.
I felt the mask was comfortable enough and drifted off to sleep. As with the previous night I woke after a couple of hours with mouth and throat so dry it was alarming. 
Really not to sure how to progress from this point. Do you think I should purchase a chin strap and give it a trial or change mask to full face. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated. 
Kind Regards

imgur.com/a/3PeDS
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, If it were my chart. You have some leaks/mouthbreathing to fix, or use a mask that covers the mouth as well, while you set up your machine. There is a link in my signature on mask fit. The leaks were better, but there is still a bit to do

If you didn't have CA in your sleep study. Some new users have what are called pressure induced clear airways, the body trying to balance the o2/co2. They aren't a real central unless there is an desaturation of o2 during it. These normally go away for most people within 12 weeks. You can also reduce the EPR which can help. as long as they are under 20-30 seconds in length, you may prefer to use the EPR. Clink on events and then open the CA list to see the length of times.

I would treat the obstructive OA and H first, I would have min 7 max 12 (so as to not go too high) for now and see how that goes with the OA/H and post another chart. You could also stay on fixed 10 for a week or two and see how it settles and then raise pressure.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I like ajack's second idea. I'd leave it at a fix 10cm and give it a week or two.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 468 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,924 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,326 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.