Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time to forum, but been fighting sleep apnea for 2.5 years
RE: First time to forum, but been fighting sleep apnea for 2.5 years
(05-31-2014, 10:15 PM)diamaunt Wrote: autoset runs tests to see if it determine if you have a obstructive apnea, or a central apnea, if it's a central apnea, it will not increase the pressure, because higher pressures will sometimes make central apneas worse.

most of yours are centrals, so the machine will not increase pressure as a result.

Correct. Only machines with a "backup" respiration rate (such as ASV machines) will attempt to treat Clear Airway events.

Obstructive conditions are causing the pressure changes, things like Flow Limitation, Snore, hypopneas and obstructive apneas. These are occurring along with the central events.

An ASV machine would prevent/treat both obstructive and central events.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2014, 10:12 PM)vsheline Wrote: Hi 69developer,

The "mask pressure" plot is not correct. Scale is way off. Don't believe it.

I suggest double checking the data using ResScan, because version 0.9.5 of SleepyHead has some newly-introduced bugs which are being worked on.

Maybe a newer SH version will be available soon. Or, I think SH version 0.9.3 worked better.

In the meantime, if you can run a Windows program on your computer, just use ResScan.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Where can i download Rescan or do i have to purchase it?

Also does any of information on my screen shots show central sleep apnea or was you just general talking?
Post Reply Post Reply
Instructions on how to obtain the free ResScan software:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2014, 12:02 PM)69developer Wrote: Also does any of information on my screen shots show central sleep apnea or was you just general talking?

Hi 69developer,

The Event Flags plot shows mostly CA events, which are Clear Airway (or Central Apnea) events.

Regarding why we can see that the scale on the plots of pressure must be wrong:

From the Pressure chart it looks like you have EPR (pressure difference between inhale and exhale) adjusted to perhaps 2 cm H2O, but the "Pressure" chart scale is not quite right because the minimum pressure for the S9 AutoSet is 4 cm H2O, but the SH plot of "Pressure" starts around 3.0, which is unreasonable. This shows the scale of the "Pressure" chart probably has an offset error of 1 cm H20 (if your Minimum Pressure setting is 4) or perhaps an even larger offset error (if your Min Pressure setting is higher than 4).

On the "Mask Pressure" chart, the fuzziness of the chart would indicate about 0.4 cm H2O pressure difference between inhale and exhale (if the scale were correct). But if EPR is about 2, then the "Mask Pressure" plot probably should show about 2 cm H2O difference between inhale and exhale. This means the scale of the "Mask Pressure" chart has a large scaling error, and maybe an offset error also.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
its just so frustrating, 3 doctors, that spend 5-10 mins with you, and one doctor was using another patients data. I have bought so many masks out of my own pocket and luckly the insurance has paid for 3 machines. But i fight these machines everynight with some type of issue or other. Currently Resmed S9 Autoset, which seems to allow me to wear the mask the longest at night. I used it for two weeks, everyday at min, 4-6 hours and still no difference. I also think my sinus issues pay a part in the nasal passages as I had nasal surgery/deviate sceptum about 1 year ago and thought maybe that would help also. No, a year later same issues.

I have got to get this figured out as its affecting my lifestyle, my loved family members and my job that i mostly love to do.

Anyone that is willing to help me more by looking at more data or needs more information privately, i would be willing to send to you.

I'm learning how to read the sleepyhead charts and now also look at the rescan as mr vaughn suggested as one row of data did not look right. Which row of data did you need to seen a screen shot from rescan compared to sleepyhead?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2014, 08:09 AM)69developer Wrote: I'm learning how to read the sleepyhead charts and now also look at the rescan as mr vaughn suggested as one row of data did not look right. Which row of data did you need to seen a screen shot from rescan compared to sleepyhead?

Hi 69developer,

I suggest a screenshot of ResScan showing plots of at least Leak, Events, Pressure, and High Rate Pressure.

For comparison I suppose it may be best if these are for the same night as one of the SleepyHead screenshots you've already posted, but if that would be hard then would be fine to show any night.

If there is room, can add Flow Limitation and/or Snore.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 724 2 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 111 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 254 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 105 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 294 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 108 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.