Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First try at posting stats for review
First try at posting stats for review
I generally average 2.5+/- AHI.  Not sure if my settings are optimized.

I use 7-10 cm, no ramp, and I do use some kind of pressure relief.

Once in a while I get a 3+, and about once a month I'll get a <2 reading.

Attached are two screen shots that show 2 of the most recent nights that show a 3+ and a <1 result.

Are there any things that stand out that I can adjust for better efficiency?  I can change anything except the min/max pressures (for that I need to document a corresponding prescription...it's a long story.)

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First try at posting stats for review
If you cannot touch min/max, then you're as close as I can see you getting.
If you could, a bit more min would help with snoring and hypos.

Your TV (Tidal Volume) is a bit on the lower end. If you're a big fellow, you should make 500 ml mean TV.
A smaller person would be closer to 400 ml.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your 6/12 chart you are having excessive hypopneas. They seem to start to clear around 8,6cm. P-R machines are slower to respond than a Resmed in these conditions. Because of this, I would suggest that you up your lower pressure to 9cm and raise the upper to 12cm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I can raise the lower pressure.  I already have it set to start at whatever the 90% rate is.  (I can't remember the exact wording of the setting.)

As far as raising the max: I will get my doc to modify the scrip the next time I see him, but that might not be for a few more months.  I have to maintain a certain paper-trail for a particular set of requirements that I have, so that prevents me from "self medicating".

Not sure about the TV mentioned in the first response:  I'm 6' and 200#.  Don't konw where that puts me on the fellow-scale.  I do think I get shallow breathing when I sleep.

How do you read that the hypopneas clear at around 8.6?  I see the data, but don't know how to read it.
Post Reply Post Reply
They only care about you using the machine for a certain amount of hours to demonstrate compliance. You can feel free to change your settings without repercussions. You have some good advice given up above by Crimson on what to set your min and max to. I would highly recommend it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2017, 10:37 PM)Marillion Wrote: They only care about you using the machine for a certain amount of hours to demonstrate compliance.  You can feel free to change your settings without repercussions.  You have some good advice given up above by Crimson on what to set your min and max to.  I would highly recommend it.

No, this isn't an insurance deal.  It's a deal to maintain my FAA pilot's license.  With a diagnosis of OSA, I have to keep details on compliance and status reports.  Changing treatment levels without a corresponding letter from my doc explaining the mod can potentially raise eyebrows.  Next time I see him I'll get him to widen my settings so that I have more room to adjust.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're having a fair few snoring events as well as the apneas / hypopneas. As with the other guys I'd recommend raising your pressure a bit (once you have the paperwork sorted). I'd also suggest you take active measures to stay off your back - use a bolster, tennis ball sewed into the back of your PJs or any of the other tricks that people come up with.
Post Reply Post Reply
go back and get your prescription changed to 8/12 and permission to go 9/12 if needed
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I can stay within my range, but need to document extending that range. Last night I raised my minimum from 7 to either​ 8 or 8.5. My AHI was 0.7.

I'll give it a few more days at thus setting, then post another set of data.
l'm normally a side sleeper, but I probably do end up on my back without realizing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree that you need to try 8 as a minimum pressure, and things might clear even better up to 9.0. These are not excessive pressure and should resolve the obstructive breathing you are experiencing. Your particular apnea is pretty straight-forward and all events are obstructive. The Philips machine does eventually get you to an effective pressure, but I'm sure you have heard us comment that its algornithm seeks to maintain minimum pressure. This results in cycles of OA and H, higher pressure and resolution, and a return to FL and H as the machine pressure drops back towards 7.0. Higher minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,001 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 346 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 330 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 715 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.