Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First try at posting stats for review
RE: First try at posting stats for review
Thanks for that info. I've been trying to figure the algorithm for a while. I'll verify my min pressure later today, I can't remember if I used 8 or 8.5 (up from 7). I do know that I could definitely feel the difference.

I'll give my current settings a week or​ so, and see where things settle out before I try another tweak.

I thought there was a setting that would program the APAP to start at whatever the average pressures​ were, but I didn't see it last night. I didn't​ have a manual nearby, either, so I couldn't​ find that value.
Post Reply Post Reply
there is something that is called 'smart start' I think, and this collects the last 30 hours of usage and calculates a 'best start pressure', but I don't believe it is the 90% pressure. anyway it takes several days to get a new starting pressure.

the forum consensus is more aggressive, as you can tell.

he he.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2017, 12:35 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: there is something that is called 'smart start' I think, and this collects the last 30 hours of usage and calculates a 'best start pressure', but I don't believe it is the 90% pressure.  anyway it takes several days to get a new starting pressure.

the forum consensus is more aggressive, as you can tell.

he he.

QAL

Sorry, I was under the impression that Smart start simply starts the machine when you put the mask on and start breathing into it.  The machine will then start at the pre-set minimum pressure that is already set up on the machine. Is that not correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an "Auto Start" that turns it on automatically.

I did find the clinician's setup:

Opti-Start:  

"This feature starts an Auto-CPAP therapy session at a starting pressure that is closer to the previous session's 90% pressure, in order to reduce the likelihood of any residual events at the beginning of a therapy session.  You can enable or disable this feature."

edit:

By the way, if anyone wants a complete copy of the Dreamstation Provider Manual, I found one here:

http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...Id%3d1.DAD

(Mods - feel free to delete if I overstepped anything by posting this link.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah ha. Well done!
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion,
You are correct. Smart Start is Resmed's name for the autostart feature. I believe quiescence was referring to Opti-Start. P-R uses this feature to start the CPAP at the last best pressure. It's one of those, "Whose on first". type of things. I guess it would be too easy to standardize their terminology.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense. Thanks Crimson.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will verify the Opti-Start setting on my machine later tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Verified that Opti-start is on.

Flex is off. That function lowers air pressure on exhales?
Post Reply Post Reply
if flex is off = less reduction in pressure at the beginning of the exhale.

flex is a flow-based variable easing of pressure. see link below for more detail.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid206250

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 181 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 107 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 168 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 55,098 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 426 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.