Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First try at posting stats for review
RE: First try at posting stats for review
Day 1: AHI 0.7
Day 2: AHI 0.9

Two days in a row < 1. That's well below my averages of about 2.5 or so. The only difference was raising my minimum pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is excellent! How do you feel?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2017, 09:25 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That is excellent!   How do you feel?

I think the extra starting pressure is still noticable, still getting used to it.  I don't use the ramp, and probably won't bother.

The last week or so, the last 2 nights included, has been a bit on the rough side for me and that's affected my sleep quality outside the OSA/CPAP world.  Because of that, I can't make a fair review on any "feel" of improvement.  I do *think* I can sense an improvement, though.  Life should ease up in the next couple days, then I might be able really know.

I'm hoping the <1 AHI trend continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in the back of your mind that you are going to have your good and bad days.  So don't get alarmed when you trip over a bad one.     Sleep-well
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 1: AHI 0.7
Day 2: AHI 0.9
Day 3: AHI 0.9

I've not seen a <1 on consecutive nights since I started using the Dreamstation, either in fixed or auto.

One small change and now I am 3 for 3.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2017, 01:11 PM)Marillion Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 12:35 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: there is something that is called 'smart start' I think, and this collects the last 30 hours of usage and calculates a 'best start pressure', but I don't believe it is the 90% pressure.  anyway it takes several days to get a new starting pressure.

the forum consensus is more aggressive, as you can tell.

he he.

QAL

Sorry, I was under the impression that Smart start simply starts the machine when you put the mask on and start breathing into it.  The machine will then start at the pre-set minimum pressure that is already set up on the machine.  Is that not correct?

Does the Dreamstation have an auto start and stop feature that will start and stop the machine when the mask is on\off?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it does, perhaps depending on the model you own.  But I will let those more familiar with the Dreamstation confirm.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2017, 01:26 PM)rouxster Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 01:11 PM)Marillion Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 12:35 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: there is something that is called 'smart start' I think, and this collects the last 30 hours of usage and calculates a 'best start pressure', but I don't believe it is the 90% pressure.  anyway it takes several days to get a new starting pressure.

the forum consensus is more aggressive, as you can tell.

he he.

QAL

Sorry, I was under the impression that Smart start simply starts the machine when you put the mask on and start breathing into it.  The machine will then start at the pre-set minimum pressure that is already set up on the machine.  Is that not correct?

Does the Dreamstation have an auto start and stop feature that will start and stop the machine when the mask is on\off?

Yes it does.

I use the Auto On, but I do not use the Auto Off.

It will then start at either your minimum pressure, ramp start pressure or, if you enable Opti-Start, at a higher pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back for an update:

All nights (except one) since I raised the min pressure have resulted in AHI < 1. The one night that didn't was AHI about 1.4 and that was the night my allergies kicked up and caused some sinus congestion.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff. Great to hear!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data Review for New User goodfella7763 3 179 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: goodfella7763
  Just getting started, looking for an OSCAR data review mattcole3 3 106 04-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar review please SleepyJeff 1 168 04-04-2024, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 110 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 221 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 55,079 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 425 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.