Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First two nights with my AutoSet
RE: First two nights with my AutoSet
(05-05-2014, 09:18 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I bumped the min setting to 7 for tonight. I just don't feel like starting at 4 is doing anything. Heck, I had to check and see if it was even on... I think having a higher minimum pressure may help me to fall asleep faster. I do feel a lot better during the day, though. Thanks everyone for the input.

Starting at too low a pressure can make mask fit difficult. 7 or 8 will give you a better idea how your mask is fit. I find, every night, I have to tweak my mask position just a bit to get comfort and no leaks.

You have a great AHI. [Image: grilling.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
With the autoset machine, let it figure out your best pressure. Give it a 7-14 range and see where you run.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2014, 10:22 AM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-05-2014, 09:18 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I bumped the min setting to 7 for tonight. I just don't feel like starting at 4 is doing anything. Heck, I had to check and see if it was even on... I think having a higher minimum pressure may help me to fall asleep faster. I do feel a lot better during the day, though. Thanks everyone for the input.

Starting at too low a pressure can make mask fit difficult. 7 or 8 will give you a better idea how your mask is fit. I find, every night, I have to tweak my mask position just a bit to get comfort and no leaks.

You have a great AHI. [Image: grilling.gif]

Don't you guys use the mask fit feature? I presume the S9 series still has that. I find it very handy.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't use the mask fit feature -- it's only on a short time (either I didn't need it or it turned off before I could finish); I have no use for ramp and turned it off day one.

Used mask fit briefly the first couple of days of my therapy when my machine was "wide open" and I didn't understand what I could just do better manually.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I just use the mask fit feature as a quick check at times. When I need to adjust the headgear, I set the machine manually so that I have enough time.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 455 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.