Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First week CPAP. Had such high hopes...advice
First week CPAP. Had such high hopes...advice
Hi,
Have had trouble sleeping and being rested and finally got a sleep test.  Really didn't think I'd have apnea as this has been as issue for awhile but the doctor never thought to suggest a sleep test.  Normal weight and my wife says I only occasionally snore.  It's strange I was kinda happy that I have apena as it is a recognition that something is wrong and I'm not going crazy.  Felt like such a wimp complaining about being tired all the time.
So I got the CPAP not too long ago and I had such high hopes.  Thought I would finally be able to sleep through the night. No more just being sad/depressed. I get sooo damn hungry when I'm tired too.  Nonstop hunger pangs.  I was excited for that to stop.  My life is perfect other than this sleep stuff.  
Needless to say....I don't feel better at all.   Maybe it's a slow grind to better.  But I want to make sure these graphs look normal.  Anything stand out?  Suggestions for change?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First week CPAP. Had such high hopes...advice
Welcome to ApneaBoard tuumi2000.  I see a few problems in your charts. 

1.  You have some clustering of OA's.  This could be caused by chin tucking (positional).  You can try lowering your pillow height, switching sleeping position (ex:  from on back to on side), and getting a soft cervical collar if the first two things don't work in reducing the clusters.  

2.   You have some high flow limitations in one of the graphs.  You have EPR at 3 full time though.  That is good.  

3.  You might try raising your pressure a little bit.  You can go in increments of 0.2 or even go straight from 11 to 12 if you want.  You know yourself best.  You have some variability of results between the 3 charts.  We will try to get your therapy optimized so that the most of nightly charts look good (a trend starts).  

It is rare for someone to immediately feel better after starting pap therapy.  It takes time usually to start seeing some results.  And there are a few who never seem to see results.  I am basing this on reading many threads and posts here.  

Any other questions, just ask.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First week CPAP. Had such high hopes...advice
Thanks for looking at this. I'm a stomach sleeper so I'm not sure if that effects OA.
I'll try to slowly raise pressure. Is that something I can do simply on the Resmed? I'll put some more time in and post in a few weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week on PAP, pointers please. Snutjava 0 65 Yesterday, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Snutjava
  I have a brick CPAP, need advice on how to potentially exchange trillogic 10 273 04-25-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 250 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 122 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,099 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Low OA/H. Still high CA. How to lower them? jakeroviks 1 108 04-21-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 137 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.